AR115 - EFT Files and Required Permissions

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

We are attempting to test the AR EFT process(s) - and are running into an issue whereby the EFT payment file(s) are being created - but are empty (0KB) where there should be data written. We setup the 3 required directories under productline\work\ - as the job required these be present before exeucting. Upon closer inspection of the job log - we noted a "Security Violation" line being written.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be the issue here?

Sam Simpson
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Check permissions on the three directories you created.
      Sam Simpson
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        If these files are work files, then no need to create the directories. First remove the 3 directories then run the job. This should create the files in their respective working directories.
        Kwane McNeal
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Garth
          Actually, I think your issue is more likely related to Lawson security, via either LAUA or New Lawson Security. If it was filesystem permission related, I believe you would have received a COBOL error (I believe 4 6 error), and NO files would have been created, nor would the program completed.

The fact that you got zero byte files says it was able to create the file handles, but nothing to write. I would check the following:
          1) The job log to see if there are any clues as to what you didn't have access to see.
          2) Any online or invoke programs that you don't have access to in the Security system
          3) Any data parameters that you don't have access to the data in table, conditional, or element security

If you're using Lawson security, you can enable tracing and/or debugging, and check the following:
          4) Associated lase logs to see what you don't have access to.

...if it turns out it's #3, then check to see if a file $LAWDIR/system/NOPARAMVAL exists, and determine if you need it to, since that would have allowed #3 to occur in the first place.

Kwane
          Ragu Raghavan
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I thought "security violation" usually refers to a token. Maybe you can turn on security logging and then check the file secvio.log to see which token needs to be assigned to the user running the job.
            Dave Amen
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Garth,
              One other possibility - in order to create the special (old-fashioned) format for bank files, several programs call the utility that does that: cnvtape

Assuming you're on LS9, I suggest adding it to the Batch Security Class in the ENV Profile (everyone running batch jobs must have this SecClass in order to function).

In the ENV profile,
              - open the Batch Security Class
              - open Translation Tools
              - click on cnvtape and grant all access to it

There's a possibility that cnvtape isn't there to select! If that's the case, it requires a few more steps - call me and I'll walk you through it.

Best regards,
              Dave
              (303) 773-3535
              Al
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                I've found in similar issues in AP and HR file creation where the output file was empty. Cnvtape and/or cnvexe executible must be granted access through a Batch security class in the ENV profile.
                Al
                Garth Gerwing
                Basic Member
                Basic Member
                  Thanks to everyone for the valuable feedback. It would appear to be a batch security class issue around Cnvtape and/or cnvexe. I have provided this feedback to the technical support guys (who manage the security) for thier reference.
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.