LDAP on Lawson 8.0.1.3 After Domain Move

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Lawson 8.0.1.3
    SQL Server 2000
    Windows 2003

Greetings! I am completely new to Lawson & have never had any training on the app. I am also completey without any support documentation on how the application 7 the Portal work. SoemhowI have managed to fumble my way through getting it to work. We performed a P2V of 4 servers from one domain to another & then reverse engineered the new environment on the new domainby changing all the server references in the web config & in all the bookmarks. After a few issues that had me pulling my hair out, things are working well on the new domain. Now on to the next challenges:

I need to get the application & the Portal authenticating against the new domain. There is a trust relationship with the old domain but the authentication is being passed to the domain controllers there, which are going to be retired. Based on what I have been able to glean by reading the Lawson forums, there's a bit more to it than simply changing the webconfig files to point excusively to the new domain. Does anyone have any documentation that they can send me about setting up LDAP in our version of Lawson?

I am also in dire need of information on how to set up users. I understand that they must first be set up on the client side & then added to a local group on the web server. That's all I know. Any info on both of these processes would be greatly appreciated!

John Henley
      Since you are running Lawson on Windows, there are two different aspects of authentication:

1) LID users, batch jobs, etc. authenticate using their domain accounts.

On Windows, Lawson stores these key elements related to user IDs:
      - Windows SID is stored in registry in v7/v8 Environment, in Lawson's LDAP in LSF9.
      - User is setup in a local machine group (note: can be a local machine group containing domain users groups...)
      - as NTxxxxxx in GEN security tables
      - as a numeric User ID (UID) in LSF9 in Lawson's LDAP.

Since you've moved your domain, that has invalidated your SIDs, so you will need to remove the users from the LAUA/usergrpdef, local Lawson user group, etc. then re-add them using their new domain\user information.

2) Users also authenticate via IIS basic authentication for Portal, self-service, etc. This is done by specifying a domain/realm in IIS, and then by the RD30 records in LOGAN, which map an IIS authenticated user to a Lawson LID user.

Needless to say, there is a awful lot of stuff that needs to be addressed/configured, and you'll probably need more background/education than you'll be able to get from a forum. You should probably take some of the Lawson-provided webcast/training on Lawson administration on Windows and/or go to some of the user groups/training sessions, or hire some consulting.
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      You are not authorized to post a reply.