Crystal 2008 and LBI Drill Around

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    I'm currently publishing a Crystal report to a dashboard and unable to drill around when i click a cell in the report. I'm using Crystal Reports 2008 and receive the following error.

- <response version="1.0" status="400">
    <message code="505" description="Service ERP-LawsonPortal-login does not exist in FS Respository." type="ERROR" />
    </response>

I was able to get the same report to drill around before we upgraded to 2008 by using Crystal XI. I'm using the same
    Lawson IOS Service & Lawson Portal Service strings as i had in Crystal XI. I'm thinking that string may have changed for the upgrade to Crystal 2008 but haven't been able to find anything regarding that.

Any ideas?
    Matthew Nye
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Frank,

Can you post your full drill around URL as it displays when the report is rendered?
      If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
      Katfra
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        Here is the URL for the error message i provided above.

http://erpbitest.tsg.ds:9...wNaCnXyAy-JAujGvh5VK
        Matthew Nye
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          it looks like there is an encoded space (%20) at the end of your SID value (SID=ERP-LawsonPortal-login%20). Is that actually in the URL itself or does that show up after the face?
          If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
          Katfra
          Advanced Member
          Advanced Member
            That is what shows up in the URL
            Matthew Nye
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              sorry, let me rephrase, is that part of the URL in the Crystal Report file before its published to RS or is that added when the Crystal Report file is run? If before, id say remove it and republish the report.
              Katfra
              Advanced Member
              Advanced Member
                When i saw that (ERP-LawsonPortal-login%20), that's what led me to think that there was something else i needed to have in the Lawson Portal Service section of the data settings.
                Katfra
                Advanced Member
                Advanced Member
                  Once I click on the report in "My Reports", I'm able to view the report fine. Then when i click on the cell i want to drill on, then that is what is added to the URL. So, after the report file is ran.
                  Matthew Nye
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Frank,

its difficult to trouble shoot this without seeing your environment setup completely but what I would suggest is to get the URL working outside of the Crystal Report. Once you have a URL that takes you to RW80.1, drop the hardcoded URL in Crystal, if it breaks at that point Id say you should open a ticket with Lawson. If it does work, add in the dynamic parts to the URL. If it breaks at that point then youve got an issue with your concatenation, perhaps trailing or leading spaces.

hth
                    Matt
                    Katfra
                    Advanced Member
                    Advanced Member
                      Thanks for the suggestion Matt. We were told that using 2008 with 9.0.15.153 would not work, and that we would need to use Crystal XI. Do you know if we upgraded to 10. that we would be able to do this or should we be able to have full functionality with our current system using 2008?
                      Matthew Nye
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        is 9.0.15 your Environment version? I dont think that your version of Crystal should matter. What might be more applicable would be your version of Framework Services as that is where the LAL servlet is installed. If I understand your set up, you merely have a link defined on a field that calls the LAL servlet. There for I dont see any issue with your version of Crystal.
                        Katfra
                        Advanced Member
                        Advanced Member
                          I now have it working!! The issue was that there was a space character in the Lawson Portal Service string. Once i retyped it, i was able to drill around.
                          As for the environment, yes, that is what we are currently on. Now i've been told that Lawson doesn't support Crystal 2008 in our current environment. Have you heard if this is the case and if so, what environment do they begin supporting Crystal 2008?
                          Matthew Nye
                          Veteran Member
                          Veteran Member
                            Again, theres not really any issue with Crystal Reports and Lawson. If you are trying to do something specific like Lawson Back Office reports, Drill Around or OLE DB Connector for Lawson there could be some versioning issues but simply writing reports and publishing them in Crystal to LBI, you wont be limited by the version of Crystal.

Now if by Lawson you Lawson Business Intelligence, there are some limitations on what version of Reporting Services can be used with different versions of Crystal Report Server (RAS) engine.
                            Katfra
                            Advanced Member
                            Advanced Member
                              I'm sorry, yes, I meant Lawson Business Intelligence and what environment supports Crystal 2008. From what i've seen in some previous posts, that the environment i'm using isn't supported but 9.0.3.1 is, does that sound correct?
                              You are not authorized to post a reply.