LBI 500 internal server error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We are experiencing following odd error for LBI. if you loggoed out Portal and logged in back, the LBI link in portal does not work again and it gave "500 internal server error". We have to close all I.E. session and restart I.E., then LBI link in portal works again. We are using IIS as our LBI web server, Anyone has any solution?

Phil Romov
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      For starters you need more information on the error, specifically error logs from IIS

I suggest failed req tracing as explained here: http://michaelbrockman.wo...ernal-server-errors/
      Matthew Nye
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        if the error 500 is generated from WebSphere youll need to look at those logs as well. it should give you a general idea of where the issue is originating by looking at the stack trace. Sounds like DSSO to me but hard to say with out more info as Phil said.
        If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
        Matthew Nye
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          if the error 500 is generated from WebSphere youll need to look at those logs as well. it should give you a general idea of where the issue is originating by looking at the stack trace. Sounds like DSSO to me but hard to say with out more info as Phil said.
          If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
          Xin Li
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Thank you all for your replies.

Whenever I got 500 internal error, I got following error in LBI WAS systemOut.log

[9/10/12 10:38:35:717 CDT] 000000e5 webapp E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[go]: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.lawson.efs.repository.UserToken.getUserInfo(UserToken.java:161)
            at com.lawson.efs.ssoa.WassoSessions.getEFSUserSession(WassoSessions.java:269)
            at com.lawson.efs.ssoa.SSOFilter.doFilter(SSOFilter.java:309)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
            at com.lawson.efs.common.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:37)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:179)
            at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:121)
            at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:241)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1583)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:445)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:504)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:301)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
            at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1772)
            at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
            at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
            at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
            at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
            at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
            at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
            at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
            at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1563)
            Matthew Nye
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Seems to be there is something off about your DSSO install on LBI. This is a difficult one to nail down. It could be something as simplistic as incorrect or a non-FQDN url setting in your DSSO implementation or as complex as a Firewall or network traffic filtering some where between your LBI and Lawson servers.

Id start with the former, verify all the settings that were used in your DSSO install and make sure they were set up correctly. After that you will probably have to resort to packet sniffing while replicating this error to see what is happening on both the LBI and Lawson servers.
              Xin Li
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Thanks Matt.

Why it works for first time when you logged in portal if DSSO configuration is not correct.
                Matthew Nye
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Difficult to determine just looking at the stack trace. All its saying there is that some information is missing and it was triggered by a request for the UserToken. That suggests that DSSO was unable to get the users session Id to me. Why that happens could be so many different reasons. Another that occurs to me is if youre running SSL or perhaps if you have a web server configured for LBI that has a different timeout than your App Server or perhaps even the web server of Lawson.

but these are all just shots in the dark. the best thing you can do is collect as much information about the http sessions and packets while replicating the error.
                  Xin Li
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    GSC said that is known issue and need to apply patch to upgrade FS 9.0.4.2.115.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.