LBI and Crystal 2008 (11R3) Parameters Field

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hi,

We recently just upgraded to the latest LBI and Crystal 2008 (11R3). I have reports that I have fixed so that when the report is run in Crystal Designer you get the option to modify those paramaters on the left-hand side of the screen after the report has been refreshed.

The question I have is how to enable this in LBI once the report has been run? In theory this is possible according to a couple of co-workers who attended QUE this year and saw this functionality.

Any help would be appreciated.

jellis

mikeP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

I'm new to 2008 and LBI, but I this seemed to work.  When designing the report, edit  the parameter and in the value options section of the Edit Parameter dialog, set the value Show on (Viewer) panel to Editable, then republish the report.

When viewing the report in LBI, click the Parameters button in the viewer toolbar to display the Parameter Panel.  In the panel, I get a textbox just to the left of the prompt where a new value can be entered directly, or if I double click on the prompt, I get a pop up dialog to enter the new value.

jellis
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member

Thanks that worked very well. I also found another way to do it if the report has alread been published.

Open your report view, click on details of the report you want this option on. Click on CUSTOMIZE REPORT PARAMETERS. All of the parameters defined in the report appear. Select those you wish to be selectable or all, at the top you will see 2 check boxes for Use Crystal Parameter Page and All Parameters to be saves..check either one and then press the RESET button and a box pops up with reset all or report only, make your choice and away you go.

jellis

You are not authorized to post a reply.