Oracle odbc drivers for RS ODBC on LBI 904 Win 2008 64bit

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We are doing a fresh LBI 904 install on a Windows 2008 64bit server. We will need a Reporting Services ODBC data source for Crystal ODBC reports pointing to an Oracle 11g database (Lawson app server running on AIX 6.1 Oracle 11g). Anyone know what Oracle client we should run on the Win 2008 64 bit server; example Oracle 11g client for 32bit or 64bit?
    Greg Moeller
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      See Lawson KB article # 548987
      Greg Moeller
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        For the Oracle client, we have both installed here, but I believe that it is only using the 32-bit one. At least that's the only one that seems to matter.
        jrbledsoe001
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Greg,

Thanks for responding to my post. I couldn't find any concrete references or documentation so I installed both Oracle drivers.

Take care

Joanna Bledsoe
          Robby
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Could someone with an Oracle ODBC/jdbc datasource connection in Reporting Services send a screen shot of the setup screens? The KB Article above helps setup a PC (done that) What I need is to point my IT people (I'm the report writer, not the admin) to the correct datasource connection setup. thanks in advance for your help.
            Greg Moeller
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Here is the way that we have done it here at Genesis Health System. It seems to work.

Note: We have configured the exact same datasource name in our Crystal Designer, to make it easier to cross from developing reports to publishing them.

Cheers,
              -Greg
              Attachments
              Robby
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Greg, thanks! I'll send this .doc to the IT guys and make sure the ODBC connection on the LBI server is setup correctly.
                -Bob
                You are not authorized to post a reply.