RW100 copy to Crystal

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    I was just at CUE and heard that we can take the RW100 and have it copied into Crystal without rebuilding the report in Crystal after all the work was completed in RW100.
    How do I do accomplish this task?
    Thank you.
    David Williams
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      If you enable the Xtra XML flag on the RW100 report when you run it you can use that as your Crystal Report data source (using the Lawson OLE-DB connector). The report won't come into Crystal already formatted but the data fields will be there for you with all of the calculations that make using RW100 nice.
      David Williams
      Chris - MIBH
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        We have reports set up In RW100 that when we X the XTRAXML render "automatically" in LBI and burst. If you are using LBI as your reporting tool this by-passes the need for Crystal. I do think it is limited, for bursting, based on the style of the report and the elements used for tagging must be Lawson defined. (a/u, Company...)..We do have to monitor LBI as sometimes it does not "see" that reports have been updated, so we have to "re-start" the system and then it updates...not a technician so may have used some incorrect nomenclature
        John Henley
          Another concept you might have heard is the publishing of "back office" reports via LBI, which is essentially a copy of the print file from the app server to the LBI server, but doesn't use Crystal. =
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          Ruma Malhotra
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            If you would like to use RW100 into crystal beacuse of the end product being much better looking than the std RW100 output remember that your RW100 report should have only one format. It can be either style 1 or style 2 but should have only one format. You cannot define multiple formats and have the RW100 get to crystal.

If you want multiple format RW100 then you should use back office publishing for your RW100 report.
            AmyV
              I'm trying to bring an RW100 report into crystal and everything comes in but the totals. The RW is a Style 1. Any Advice so I don't have to write all these formulas again in Crystal?
              AmyV
                I'm trying to bring an RW100 report into crystal and everything comes in but the totals. The RW is a Style 1. Any Advice so I don't have to write all these formulas again in Crystal?
                You are not authorized to post a reply.