RW100/Crystal Reports - Upgrading to LSF 9

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I have a new client who's current environment is 8.x and are planning to upgrade to LSF 9 in the near future. They have quite a few Crystal Reports that utilize RW100 as a data source. I'm being told by Lawson Support that for any Crystal Reports that use RW100 as a data source must be completely rewritten from scratch for LSF 9. Does anybody know of a less painful way? I don't have access to their LSF 9 environment yet so I haven't been able to try and find a better way myself.
    k-rock
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I don't know of a way to convert the reports. I would try to explain how LBI can point directly to the database and get the client to rewrite the reports without using RW100 as the source. What data are they pulling from the RW100 that is not available directly from tables? If it is just totals, then those can easily be rewritten.
      Chris Martin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I don't disagree that querying the database directly has many benefits to it, but what I'm trying to accomplish is to limit the effort (and $) it will take to convert their existing Financial reports for LSF 9. Rewriting these against the tables isn't going to help in that regard.
        Chris Martin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I would think it's just a matter of repointing it from the existing call (xtra) to the new/LSF 9 call (report), ie by using "Set Datasource Location" or by editing the Command object via the Database Expert. I'm itching to try this out...there has to be a better way than starting from scratch.
          John Henley
            Are you referring to an LBI 'Back Office' report, or a Crystal report which reads RW100 XML output?
            Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
            John
            Chris Martin
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Crystal report which reads RW100 XML output
              Chris Martin
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Update - This particular support rep (who is ALWAYS diligent about trying to help solve any problems rather than just trying to make you go away) tested modifying the Database Expert call and said it threw errors but did appear to work. The caveat, of course, is that this is unsupported. If this method were used and there were issues, you will be asked to recreate the report from scratch. I haven't been able to verify these results but plan to asap...
                Chris Martin
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member

Good news.   Lawson agreed to document this as a workaround (KB 559132).

You are not authorized to post a reply.