The Value of RW100

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Can someone give me an overview of RW100? How is it used? From what information I've gathered it seems to be a Financial reporting tool. Does it have any applications for supply chain/procurement? What information can it provide that I can't get with Crystal? Is it easier than Crystal?
    Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
    Georgette
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Hi Jon,

The RW100 (Report Generation) is under the GL system code.

As you stated, it is a financial reporting tool that makes use of the GL Company Structure and GL Chart of Accounts. In our organization it is used primarily for reporting balance sheets and other financial analysis reports.

Our Materials Management group do not utilize it as they do not have access to the financial tables. They use Lawson system reports (i.e., MM280) as well as Crystal.

Georgette

John Henley
        RW100 is the "financials report writer" component of the Lawson GL module. It has no equivalent in Supply Chain/Procurement.
        It has built-in calculations and understanding of Lawson GL, accounting unit levels, actuals, budgets, variances, ratios, etc.
        While it is very powerful for creating financial statements and reports, it has a steep learning curve, it's very tedious, and requires a lot of patience.
        If you have LBI (and specifically, the OLEDB provider component for back office reports), you can use RW100 output as a Crystal Report data source.
        As for Crystal, while Crystal is much more approachable, it doesn't have the built-in knowledge of RW100, so you end up creating a lot of elaborate SQL commands and various formulas to accomplish something that is already built-in to RW100.
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Perfect. Thank you.
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          You are not authorized to post a reply.