Upgrade From 9.0.3.1 to 9.0.4 LBI Issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We upgraded just recently on one of our test system from LBI 9031 to 904 and found that framework services did not keep the permissions for each of the dashboards and modules after the upgrade. Has anybody run into this issue? What was your solution ?

Jimmy Chiu
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You must be on at least 9.0.3.2 to upgrade to 9.0.4.

I suggest you restore your 9.0.3.1 first. then upgrade to 9.0.3.2 then to 9.0.4.
      Ruma Malhotra
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        We have done absolutely that according to the upgrade instructions from lawson. We upgraded first to 9032 and then to 904.
        Milo Tsukroff
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Ruma - Try the "Set Access" functionality. We came up with a method of creating large dashboards that push the limit of 215 items (after which loading performance drops like a stone) but we found that lloading a new dashboard results in the dashboard having absolutely no security settings. As long as the dashboard doesn't go down beyond the 4th level, all levels can be reached by "Set Access". Then security setup takes a very short amount of time.

I realize that it's a workaround but it may help you.
          Ruma Malhotra
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member

Thanks Milo for replying. But my question or issue is specifically related to the upgrade and that the upgrade did not keep existing premissions for dashboards and modules within a dashboard after the upgrade.

Actually the issue we discovered is that though secutity roles and users do not show appropraitely after the upgrade the security is still in place. There is a patch being written to resolve this

You are not authorized to post a reply.