PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 08/06/2012 2:57 PM by  Matthew Nye
Some smart notes no longer working correctly
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SueS
Private
Private
Basic Member
(43 points)
Basic Member
Posts:19


Send Message:

--
08/03/2012 6:56 AM
    We moved a new smart note into production and appear to have broken somethng for 5 other smart notes. When the new smart note went into production, these 5 smart notes stopped working correctly. They are huge and looks like it is just dumping the entire infoset without checking if the keys have changed.

    I can see in the schedule administration that it runs everyday and it is doing an update/process everyday.

    These 5 smart notes share the same infoset and no other smart notes use this particular infoset. The infoset is built with a DME query. Create notification from a local snapshot of this data is checked. The infoset has many different fields that are designated as "key" fields.

    The notifications all have "tell me if data has new keys" and have several keyed fields on the notification. I also don't think it has anything to do with the notifications because we tried deleting one and re-adding it with the same results.

    Has anybody had this happen to them and if so what was done to correct the issue?

    Thanks.

    Matthew Nye
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (1532 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:514


    Send Message:

    --
    08/04/2012 10:24 AM
    "tell me if data has new keys" is very touchy. it uses a field that tracks the keys every time you update. because of this its very difficult to test. the best way to do this is:

    * reset your infoset
    * Update/Process the 1st time should indicated that all records are new
    * make a change to the source data
    * update/process a 2nd time should show the changes you just made

    If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
    SueS
    Private
    Private
    Basic Member
    (43 points)
    Basic Member
    Posts:19


    Send Message:

    --
    08/06/2012 6:33 AM
    I had tried that already but it is still acted as though all records are new.
    Matthew Nye
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (1532 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:514


    Send Message:

    --
    08/06/2012 2:57 PM
    if the infoset is set to "> 20,000 records", do a select from the table which should correspond to the infoset id (INFOSET_1024) and see what the ISNEW column values are set as.

    honestly, it would probably just be easier to create this all from scratch is a reset doesnt solve your problem. youll most likely end up chasing this issue for days.
    If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
    You are not authorized to post a reply.