802.11a radio and Symbol MC70 devices

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

We are getting ready to implement 9.0 MSCM.  It looks like our wireless network is only capable of handling 802.11a radio.

The handheld units are supposed to be capable of 803.11g which I've been told is much more efficient.

Has anyone had success with 802.11a?  AS the subject indicates we are planning on using Symbol MC70 devices.

linda phillips
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      We are running on B and have no problems with them working fine. We wanted G but were unable to get that. we are using 8800 symbols.
      Greg Moeller
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        The radio will revert to whatever your network can handle in my experience.
        Dino Moorman
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          Yes,

The MC70 can handle 802.1A, B or G according to the Motorola website.
          Dino Moorman
          Basic Member
          Basic Member

I would recommend getting Windows Mobile 6 as the OS. FYI.   We have Mobile 5 and it seems to lock up often.

mark.cook
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We have recently upgraded our OS and it appears to have solved the freeze up issues.
              axis3d
                Windows Mobile 6 is only available for Dolphin9900 starting at MSCM version 901.
                802.11a is at 72Megabits/sec, 802.11b = 11Mbit/sec, and 802.11g = 128Mbit/sec. The handheld device selects the protocol depending on the installed wireless network.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.