EDI - ED501 file creation

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Silly question, but I'm apparently having a bit of a brain cramp...

I know the ED501 job looks in the %LAWDIR%\\edi\out\ directory for the file to be translated and sent through EDI. However, can anyone tell me what Lawson/Portal job actually creates the file to be translated by the ED501 job? I thought it was the PO120, but can not locate any parameters to indicate such. I want to see the file before I run the ED501 to validate the POs/Vendors within it.

I am doing some testing with GHX & one of our vendors. To make the testing easier, I wanted to try to "clear out" all existing POs so that we can create and send only a single PO to that specific vendor. My thought was to run the ED501 (in translate only) in order to "clear" all existing, released POs. Then I could have a test PO created for this vendor and I could do another ED501 (translate & send). My expectation is that by doing so, the only PO that actually gets sent by the ED501 would be that one test PO.

Does anyone have any input on whether or not my rationale makes sense?

Thank you!
    JonA
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You are correct, it's PO120. Set up the job with Issue = Y on the Documents/EDI tab. You don't need to "clear out" your POs in order to send a single PO. You can specify the PO number on the PO Selection tab in PO120.
      Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
      TBonney
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks Jon.

I thought it was PO120. Where is the file name defined though? I looked through all the config defined in the recdef and do not see it anywhere. (I know, for us, the file name we use is simply 'POEDI', but I do not find where that file name is defined anywhere.) Do you have any idea where the file name is defined? Thanks.
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I've always assumed it was hardcoded in the PO120 program. Should be the same, $LAWDIR/edi/out/POEDI, for everyone unless they have some custom programming.  There's no app file path field to define like in ED10 for inbound files.
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          TBonney
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Yes, it looks that way. Apparently, I was chasing my tail looking for the file because I had run the PO120 expecting it to include a handful of test POs. However, as it turns out, I was not going crazy. There was no file created because the POs in question had never been released.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks again for your input Jon!
            You are not authorized to post a reply.