How is IC220 “Location Totals Receipt” Calculated

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

I have created a Crystal Report which has a column that contains the POLINE.REC_QTY field.  The report has two parameters (Start and End date based on POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE) for a date range.  At the end of the report, I total the POLINE.REC_QTY column. 

The users of the report are comparing the Crystal Report’s POLINE.REC_QTY total to the “Location Totals Receipt” total at the end of IC220 (IC220.prt Report Viewer) in Lawson.  They are running the IC220 report for a date range and Transaction Type, “PO – PO Receiving.”

I am trying to either get the POLINE.REC_QTY total on my report to match with the “Location Totals Receipt” total on the IC220 report; or find another screen and total in which I can compare to the POLINE.REC_QTY total.

Questions:

1.How is the IC220 “Location Totals Receipt” calculated (table, fields, where clause)?

2.Can POLINE.REC_QTY actually be compared to “Location Totals Receipt”?  If not, is there another screen in Lawson S3 Supply Chain in which I can compare to the POLINE.REC_QTY total?

Thanks

Kat V
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Just because I want one I can't find one handy - but IC220 would also include IC receipts - things from IC20, IC22, IC23 etc and runs based on release date/update date - which may throw off your matching.

I also think it only reports on inventory tracked items - so your non-stock purchases are not in there either.

If you want to spot check your crystal report - PO58 is probably the better bet.
      Alicia
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Thanks, Kat!  Very helpful.  I will take a look at PO58.
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Since you're limiting the IC220 report to PO receipts this should match up. Are you converting POLINE.REC_QTY to the stock uom qty? IC220 shows quantity based on the stock UOM. If not, use this formula.

IF {POLINE.ENT_BUY_UOM} = {ITEMMAST.STOCK_UOM}
          THEN {POLINE.REC_QTY}
          ELSE IF {POLINE.ENT_BUY_UOM} = {ITEMMAST.ALT_UOM_02}
          THEN {POLINE.REC_QTY}*{ITEMMAST.ALT_UOM_CONV_02}
          ELSE IF {POLINE.ENT_BUY_UOM} = {ITEMMAST.ALT_UOM_03}
          THEN {POLINE.REC_QTY}*{ITEMMAST.ALT_UOM_CONV_03}
          ELSE {POLINE.REC_QTY}*{ITEMMAST.ALT_UOM_CONV_04}
          etc...

Also, POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE is really the date of last receipt activity for the PO line. If there are multiple receipts for a line and one of those receipts is outside the date range you select in IC220, that receipt won't be captured in the IC220 report.

For example:

PO line 1: Qty ordered- 10 EA

Receipt for 2 EA on 8/29/14
          Receipt for 3 EA on 9/01/14
          Receipt for 5 EA on 9/05/14

POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE will be 9/05/14 and POLINE.REC_QTY will show 10. IC220 ran for a date range of 9/01/14-9/30/14 will show receipts of 8 EA.
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          Alicia
          Basic Member
          Basic Member

Thank you for the clarification! 

No, I am not converting POLINE.REC_QTY to the Stock UOM QTY.  So, that is one source of the problem; and, I am sure that the POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE is another cause for the discrepancy between IC220 and the Crystal Report.  I will use the formula that you provided and see if I can get the Crystal Report’s total to come closer to IC220’s total.

MK
            Advanced Member
            Advanced Member
              I don't believe vendor returns are adjusted out of POLINE.REC_QTY, so that may effort the report accuracy too.
              Alicia
              Basic Member
              Basic Member

FYI, below, is the Where Clause taken from the Crystal Report:

WHERE  ("PURCHORDER"."LOCATION"='98MDC' OR "PURCHORDER"."LOCATION"='MDC')
                 AND ("POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE">=TO_DATE ('01-09-2014 00:00:00', 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
                 AND "POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE"

JonA
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Locations 98MDC and MCD are inventory only locations I take it? No other item types are received for these locations?
                  Alicia
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    Yes, that is correct.
                    Alicia
                    Basic Member
                    Basic Member

Here's the entire query:

SELECT
                        "POLINE"."LINE_NBR",
                        "POLINE"."ITEM",
                        "POLINE"."DESCRIPTION",
                        "POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE",
                        "POLINE"."REC_QTY",
                        "PURCHORDER"."LOCATION",
                        "POLINE"."PO_NUMBER",
                        "POLINE"."ENT_BUY_UOM",
                        "POLINE"."ENT_UNIT_CST"
                      FROM "PURCHORDER" "PURCHORDER"
                      INNER JOIN "POLINE" "POLINE"
                        ON ((("PURCHORDER"."COMPANY"  ="POLINE"."COMPANY")
                        AND ("PURCHORDER"."PO_NUMBER" ="POLINE"."PO_NUMBER"))
                        AND ("PURCHORDER"."PO_RELEASE"="POLINE"."PO_RELEASE"))
                        AND ("PURCHORDER"."PO_CODE"   ="POLINE"."PO_CODE")
                      WHERE ("PURCHORDER"."LOCATION"='98MDC'
                        OR "PURCHORDER"."LOCATION"    ='MDC')
                        AND ("POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE" >=TO_DATE ('01-09-2014 00:00:00', 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
                        AND "POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE"   ORDER BY "POLINE"."REC_ACT_DATE"

Then, I total POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE at the end of the report.

JonA
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Instead of using POLINE how about using PORECLINE? It would fix the inaccuracy due to the POLINE.REC_ACT_DATE issue. You would still have to add the formula to convert the receipt qty to stock uom.

SELECT
                        "PORECLINE"."PO_LINE_NBR"
                        "PORECLINE"."ITEM"
                        "PORECLINE"."DESCRIPTION"
                        "PORECLINE"."REC_DATE",
                        "PORECLINE"."ENT_REC_QTY"
                        "PORECLINE"."LOCATION"
                        FROM "PORECLINE" "PORECLINE"
                        WHERE ("PORECLINE"."LOCATION"='98MDC'
                        OR "PORECLINE"."LOCATION"='MDC')
                        AND "PORECLINE"."REC_DATE>=TO_DATE ('01-09-2014 00:00:00', 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
                        Alicia
                        Basic Member
                        Basic Member
                          Ok, I will give it a try.  Thanks, Jon!
                          Alicia
                          Basic Member
                          Basic Member

Ok, I made changes to the query; however, the total receipt qty that the query produces is still more than the total that IC220 displays.  I ran the following query:

SELECT
                              PRL.REC_DATE AS PORECLINE_REC_DATE,
                              PRL.ITEM AS PORECLINE_ITEM,
                              PRL.DESCRIPTION AS PORECLINE_DESCRIPTION,
                              PRL.PO_LINE_NBR AS PORECLINE_PO_LINE_NBR,
                              PRL.LOCATION AS PORECLINE_LOCATION,
                              PRL.ENT_REC_QTY AS PORECLINE_ENT_REC_QTY,
                              (
                              CASE PRL.ENT_REC_UOM
                                WHEN ITE.STOCK_UOM THEN PRL.ENT_REC_QTY
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_02 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_02)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_03 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_03)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_04 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_04)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_05 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_05)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_06 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_06)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_07 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_07)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_08 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_08)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_09 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_09)
                                WHEN ITE.ALT_UOM_10 THEN (PRL.ENT_REC_QTY * ITE.ALT_UOM_CONV_10)
                                ELSE PRL.ENT_REC_QTY
                              END
                              ) AS PORECLINE_ENT_REC_QTY_CONV
                            FROM PORECLINE PRL
                            LEFT OUTER JOIN ITEMMAST ITE

ON ITE.ITEM = PRL.ITEM
                            WHERE (PRL.LOCATION='98MDC' OR PRL.LOCATION='MDC')
                            AND (PRL.REC_DATE >= TO_DATE ('01-09-2014 00:00:00', 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
                            AND PRL.REC_DATE < TO_DATE ('01-10-2014 00:00:00', 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS'))
                            AND PRL.PO_CODE <> 'PRT'

JonA
                            Veteran Member
                            Veteran Member
                              OK I think I know what could be happening. The IC220 report you're comparing the Crystal report to is set up to return PO receipts only (Transaction Type = PO) for a date range, correct? I directed you to pull PORECLINE.ENT_REC_QTY or in your database it's PRL.ENT_REC_QTY. This data may not match with if there was a receiving adjustment. The adjustment hits the PRL.ENT_REC_QTY field. In that case use PRL.ORIG_REC_QTY in place of PRL.ENT_REC_QTY.
                              Alicia
                              Basic Member
                              Basic Member
                                Ok, thanks Jon!
                                You are not authorized to post a reply.