PO136

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Our AP department has requested the PO136 report to be processed. I sent them the Form purpose that I took from Lawson and the required parameters they needed to decide upon.

They are now asking what the implications of these required fields are.

Update Option - Y or N

Inventory Posting - Write Off or Archive

Non-Inventory Posting - Write Off or Archive

I'm not sure how to answer their question.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Bev

Michelle Wetzel
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Hey Bev ~

We run the PO136 as part of month end close. We run it in nonupdate mode throughout the year and update mode at year end close.

When an invoice is posted to a PO that doesn't yet have a receipt, the dollars go into Matched not received as a temporary holding place. (MNR will also stop you from decreasing the quantity on the PO, btw). A receipt that comes in before the PO136 is run captures that transaction and completes the match.

When the report is run, the dollars move to the final Matched not Received account. If a receipt is received after that point, it can cause odd things to happen. On PO136, you can set the days without activity (cut off days). We have that set at 30, so the report will only look at POs that have had zero activity for 30 days, that have an invoice and no receipt. It's usually a pretty short report.

Inventory Posting: you are telling it what account to post the amount to. Inventory Receipt archival vs Match Write Off.
      Non Inventory Posting: Select Archive to close the PO Line Only and not create any journal entries. Select Write Off to post the amount to the Match Write Off Account.

Our setup is:
      CutOff Days: 30
      Sort Option: D
      Update Option: N (Y at Year End Close)
      Inventory Posting: W
      Non-Inventory Posting: A

I can't tell you exactly why we've chosen Writeoff vs Archive except that we had a consultant in several years ago who explained it all to us as part of larger RNI consultation. At the time, it made sense, but I've slept since then.

~ Michelle
      Bev Edwards
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks Michelle! Your information and feedback is ALWAYS helpful!

Bev
        You are not authorized to post a reply.