PO520 Does Not Check Distributions in Report Mode

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We are importing open purchase orders from our legacy system.  We have our PO Conversion tables populated and when I run PO520 in report mode, it will present me with several errors that need to be fixed.  For example, if I have an invalid vendor number, it reports that.

BUT, it does NOT check any distribution data when running in report mode!  The only way to see if you have valid accounting information is to run it in update mode.  If you have an invalid distribution company, accounting unit, account, or sub account, it simply REMOVES that data and there is no way to see what you had in there.

This is somewhat of a problem.  In several instances, they are simply accounts that we have not activated yet in GL20.

That's just one problem.  Another is activites:  Same problem.  If there is a problem with the activities, it removes the data  you have in that activity field.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I can't believe Lawson hasn't "hear" from other users regarding the poor design of PO520 regarding Report Mode.

Jeremy
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Update in case anyone sees this and cares:
      The PO520, when ran in report mode, doesn't just "remove" the data. It "orphans" the POCMMDIST data. If it moves the POCHEADER and the POCLINE information into the live PO Module, but it encounters an error with the POCMMDIST records, it will not move those records. You can still see them in the POCMMDIST table and/or PO53.3. The problem is that if you attempt to edit the records in PO53.3, you cannot do so because there is no matching POCLINE record. You receive an error.

I've opened an Infor Xtreme incident and noted a KB that already existed for this: KB 1354013 for JT-401054. However, it was last update 2.5 years ago as "candidate for development" and severity = high.
      Jeremy
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Update:
        For anyone that cares, the first recommended KB (KB1354013) did not apply to my case. I worked with support, and they created JT-793943 for my case.
        I just received notification that I CTP has been created and we are in the process of applying it and test it. It is CTP105186 and the new KB article for it is KB 1627564

I'll let you know if it resolved my PO520 issue.
        Gary M.
          Hi Jeremy,
          Just saw your post on lawsonguru. Did the fix resolve the issue you were having?
          Gary M.
            Hi Jeremy,
            Just wondering if those errors that you saw when running po520 in report mode were "release code - not found - fatal error".
            Jeremy
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

Sorry for the delayed response, but I didn't receive an email notifying me you replied.

Yes, the CTP resolved the issue.  It appears that before this CTP was developed, no one had really considered having PO520 perform all the account validations....

You are not authorized to post a reply.