PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 03/07/2017 12:07 PM by  JonA
RQC Search Limitations
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Neil Allen
Supply Chain IS Analyst
Private
Veteran Member
(165 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:81


Send Message:

--
03/06/2017 11:03 AM
    I'm finding that we have items that have a / in the item number that will not return a result in RQC.  An example would be 1688T/52.  Is this a limitation of RQC or something we can change/update within Lawson to allow users to search the actual item number?
    David Williams
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (3022 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1018


    Send Message:

    --
    03/06/2017 11:08 AM
    Web applications have a problem with special characters like the backslash. As a rule, you should not include special characters in your item numbers or descriptions, etc.
    David Williams
    Kat V
    Sr Supply Chain System Analyst
    South Broward Hospital District
    Veteran Member
    (1831 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:625


    Send Message:

    --
    03/07/2017 10:49 AM
    This is the correct vendor part number. There's also a vendor that puts * in theirs.

    Neil - report it to Infor - it's fixed in the latest greatest version of RQC and they may be able to provide a JT for you. When testing the patch to fix that, the pricing and vendor information became broken - with another patch fixing that so TEST IT prior to prod install.
    JonA
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (2766 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:972


    Send Message:

    --
    03/07/2017 12:07 PM

    We had this exact same issue after we upgraded to V10 last month.  Our Cath Lab coordinator couldn't find Durata leads which all have a slash in the mfg and vendor catalog number. I found that if I changed the slash to a dash they would appear and if I changed the dash back to a slash they would STILL be there. But the next day they were gone again.  The only reason I could think of was that IC800 ran that night and reset the search criteria. I opened a case with Infor.  This is what Keith Hill gave me.


    Summary: Search Catalog is not finding items when manufacturer item has a slash (/) 


    There have been a few JTs entered for RQC searches. This particular one was entered as JT-900568. The resolution for this JT is in CTP113757 which is attached to KB 1873019. We are hopeful that no other related JTs will be required.

    We've applied the patch to test and all seems to be working.  Just waiting for our analyst to apply to production.

    Jon Athey - Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MidMichigan Health
    You are not authorized to post a reply.