AP20.2 Remove Voucher number

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We interface invoices from Imagenow and our AP Dept then reviews the invocies in AP20.2.  They sometimes have to add a tax code to the invoice and in order to do this they must delete the invoice, clear out the voucher field, chosse the tax code and then add the invoice again.  I would like to have the voucher number field automatically be set to blank when a user deletes an invoice.  This way the users will only have to click delete, choose the tax code and click add.  The sstep of clearing the voucher field will not be needed. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Kate
    John Henley
      Hi Kate,

You can definitely do that with Design Studio & JavaScript, but you need to handle it using two events and a variable:

- Outside of the events, create a global variable (e.g. gsFC) in which to store the FC being processed
      - In OnBeforeTransaction, save the passed fc to the variable gsFC:
      - In OnAfterTransaction, if (gsFC == "D") lawForm.setFormValue("whatever","");
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      John Henley
        You could also do this with a COBOL user exit that fires after the transaction (i.e. AP20EPD).
        John
        Kate Liamero
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Thanks as always John. I think we'll go the design studio route.. I want to run it by our finance department first. It is a work around for the AP20.2 not allowing calclulating tax on the change function. Our invoices are interface from Imagenow with AP520 and are created without a tax code. Our AP staff reviews the invoice in AP20.2 to see if a tax code needs to be added. Tax is only calculated on the add function not on the change. The only option at this point is to delete the invoice, clear the voucher field, select the tax code,and click add.
          John Henley
            What apps version are you on?
            John
            Kate Liamero
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              9.0 Apps - Uniix - websphere Lawson 9.0 security
              John Henley
                Hmmm. There are a lot of recent AP20.2 changes for 9.0 pertaining to tax. In fact, I even think you can change tax codes now and it will recalc/change the invoice. You might want to check that out.
                John
                Kate Liamero
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  We have an enhancement request in with Lawson. They say it is functioning as designed. The tax calculation is only done when the
                  invoice is added. If you add an invoice with a tax code and want to change the tax code it won't allow it. It might be because are
                  choosing the tax code on the invoice level (API-TAX-CODE )in the header and not on the distribution line level. Anyway Lawson says
                  it only calculates the tax on the Add function not on the Change.

_____

From: forums-bpm-studio@lawsonguru.com [mailto:forums-bpm-studio@lawsonguru.com]
                  Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:46 PM
                  To: kliamero@edisonlearning.com
                  Subject: Re: AP20.2 Remove Voucher number [00005826:00006178]

<https://www.lawsonguru.com/>
                  Design Studio Forum Notification
                  A message was posted to a thread you were tracking.

John Henley Posted:01/28/2009 08:30 PM

Subject: Re: AP20.2 Remove Voucher number

Hmmm. There are a lot of recent AP20.2 changes for 9.0 pertaining to tax. In fact, I even think you can change tax codes now and it
                  will recalc/change the invoice. You might want to check that out.

_____

You may reply to this thread via e-mail; please do not remove the message tracking number from the subject line, and do not include
                  this message in your reply. To view the complete thread and reply via your browser, please visit:
                  https://www.lawsonguru.co...fc/6178/Default.aspx

You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone posted and/or responded to a message on this
                  forum.
                  To unsubscribe to this thread please visit your user profile page and change your subscription options.

Thank you,
                  LawsonGuru.com

John Henley
                    I do stand corrected. I tested with the latest patches, and you cannot change the tax code.
                    John
                    MichaelA
                      OK, a little late reply here but anyway..

They review it when it is already in AP. Why not review it before, using AP52 for viewing the invoices before they have updated AP and the records are in apcinvoice, apcdistrib and apcattach? That way your staff could fix the problem before updating AP.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.