Design Studio-warning message on AM190 re period closing

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    We did some Javascript on AM190 to do an Alert message warning the user of the period they're closing (and if they don't want to do it, don't Submit the Job). It works fine in development. We moved it to Production and the Alert doesn't pop up. If I test it in Production (admin rights), it tells me in lower left "Security Violation". If I have a user try it they don't get either; they don't get the Alert message or the Security Violation message. We have LAUA security on version 8.0.3 environment (moving to 9.0 in the spring).
    John Henley
      Looks like you are using an undefined variable (strPDL) to define the product line, which is likely causing the security violation.
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      drhoades44
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        I'm using Version 3 of Design Studio. I tried to assign a value to the variable but that did not work. Removed that and put an alert before the statement with strPDL and it has the prodline in it. I don't know if it's a global variable on the form or what? It's also in the Design Studio book I received from Lawson--using strPDL without defining or assigning. And the form works in Development, not in Production.
        David Williams
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Usually you have to assign the product line variable with a command like this:
          strPDL = top.lawsonPortal.getUserVariable("PRODLINE")

If that's not the issue then check the XML file's permissions and owner. I've had issues after creating the form that the permissions aren't correct.
          David Williams
          drhoades44
          Advanced Member
          Advanced Member
            I did alerts and strPDL seem to be a global variable—it’s in the book like Angela used it. But Lawson gave me a link re moving between servers.

http://kmcollections2.law...OMIGRATE_DOCBOOK.HTM

Since the problem is only on Production, I suspect the sysadmin skipped some steps. It's been a long time since this office implemented any Design Studio changes and it's my first time, so...

Thanks for the info.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.