MA43.1 Design Studio Form to update APDistrib

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I am trying to update the apdistrib table from MA43.1 form. These are the fields I am trying to update.
    1. apd.description(30)  =  vendor# and however many characters from ven-vendor-name that will fit.
    2. apd.dst-reference(10)  = first 10 characters of the invoice field.

I don't even see apdistrib referenced in the form.  The reason we need to update apdistrib is so that when the transaction goes over to GLTRANS the fields glt-reference will contain the first 10 characters of the invoice rather than the voucher#  and so glt-description will contain the vend# and part of the vendor name rather than the item#. Voucher # and Item# have no value for us.

Is this possible to do in design studio?

Thanks

Kate

aladjimi
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      I ran into the same issue with a differnt form, I ended up having to build a dummy form referencing the fields which I wanted to update.
      John Henley
        The code that stamps that is buried in a library that gets compiled into MA43. AP20 has the APD description stored in a hidden field, so you can use Design Studio to change it. However, that's not the case with MA43. What you can do is create a user exit for MA43 that fires every time an invoice is updated and have it stamp the desired APD fields.
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        Kate Liamero
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Thanks John. That's what I thought looking at the MA43.1 in Design Studio. I figured if anyone knew a workaround it would be you.

Thanks

Kate
          You are not authorized to post a reply.