Add-Ins issue with Excel 2007? Limited to 65k lines?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

MBJH

Is it a known issue that add-ins Query Wizard only returns 65521 lines even when used with Excel 2007? Excel 2007 allows many more lines than that, but my query results still max at 65k. Any ideas?

stephanie

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

I, too, noticed that, but I believe its a current limitation with the add-ins, and not necessarily an "issue". The Maximum Primary Records to Return on the criteria page will default back to 65520 if you try to enter a value greater -

Sherry Shimek

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Yes. The 65521 lines limitation originated with the number of rows MS Excel pre-2007 had, but it is currently a limitation of MS Addins regardless of the version of Excel.
        Sherry Shimek Catholic Health Initiatives Englewood CO

JonA

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

ER Entered Product - Program
          15981 10/13/2009 Business Process Management - Web Services Pack for S3 - MS Addins

This Enhancement Request addresses your issue. Go do a "Me Too". I just did.

Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health

stephanie

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Thanks - I'm a "me too" now!

Dave Mitchell

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

I've completed the Me Too, as well. Dave

Laura Lisa

does anyone know if this was ever addressed? is there still a restriction?

stephanie

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

The same question was posted on the Lawson community - the response on 8/5/10:

There is a patch to the Addins product that will let you exceed the 65,000 limit. We just applied it last week and tested it in our newest version of Excell and got well over 65,000 records.

S. Rosa

Basic Member

Basic Member

Posted By stephanie on 08/09/2010 03:02 PM
                    The same question was posted on the Lawson community - the response on 8/5/10:

There is a patch to the Addins product that will let you exceed the 65,000 limit. We just applied it last week and tested it in our newest version of Excell and got well over 65,000 records.

If you happen to recall the patch number and could share, it would be most appreciated. There are a couple Community postings about this but they refer to patch JT-161397 which I cannot seem to locate.

Thanks!!

stephanie

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

More info from the Lawson Community:

It is not a patch it is a new download of the add-ins which contains the patch. Go to the download product page, add-ins for Microsoft Office, 9.0.3.1 should be the latest, and then click on Technology patches to get to the most version with the patch.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.