Max Records Loaded into HR55.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

kadkins

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

What is the maximum number of records you can load into an Employee Group using Add-Ins?  Just curious as I've heard conflicting answers from various sources.

k-rock

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

I don't know if there is a documented limit. Obviously you have the Excel limit (65k in 2003, 1 mil in 2007). I have run into issues loading data into Lawson at 10000 records, but not through Add-ins. It probably depends on your setup. If you want a number, I would suggest loading very large record sets in your TEST area.

John Henley

I honestly haven't run into this before, but based on the indexes, it looks like the max would be 9999, since there is a counter associated with the PGSELECT table, and it looks like that would result in duplicate records based on PGSSET4 and PGSSET6, since they would not be unique (i.e. neither contains EMPLOYEE), and would therefore be duplicate records if the max were reached. Is this what you are encountering?
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John

kadkins

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Sort of.  I have been told that 9999 is the limit.  However, I always am able to load 10,001 records.  I'm not sure why this is a "magic" number, but it never fails to "blow up" on this record. 

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this before. 

John Henley

Well...zero does count I guess, so 10,000 (0 thru 9999) should be the max it will hold, and that would cause an error on the 10,001st record...is that what you mean?
            John

kadkins

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Maybe so. I will have to go back and check and make sure that it's not truly loading 10001 records or if it's simply erroring out on this record.

Thanks!

k-rock

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

When I have hit the limit in the past using importdb, Lawson simply stopped importing at Seq Nbr 9999, no error given. Like the system does when you try to load 3 or more decimal places.

John Henley

The addins would treat it a little differently, since it's like doing the update interactively, and I'll bet if you did it interactively it would result in a lacobrts error for duplicate record.
                  John
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.