401(k) and Roth with Company Match

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Hello!

I was wondering if there was anyone whose company offers Traditional 401(k) option and Roth with Company Match? If so, what system do you use to calculate the match?

We need to aggregate both types of deferrals for the matching calculation. Lawson cannot first add both types of deferrals and then apply the appropriate matching formula. So, I was wondering if anyone can share how they do it?

thanks!

Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You have to put them in the same plan code on the BN15. You can not have 2 different plan codes, one for the flat amount and one for the percent.
      Kchan
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Yes, I did put them in the same plan code on the BN15. However, we need the aftertax match field and the pre-tax match field to talk to each other so that together the percentage is correct.

For example, Jane contributes 3% 401k and 3% Roth. Lawson matches 3% on both (6% total). That's too much match. We can only match 4% total on teh aggregate 401k and Roth deferral. Is there a way to do this?

thanks.
        Margie Gyurisin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Do you have the Match Option flag set on your BN18.6 to be B for Both?
          Kchan
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            Yep!
            Does your company have the same Roth and Traditional Option with Company match for both?
            Margie Gyurisin
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We have a match that is 50% up to 6. If I contribute 4 percent traditional and 4 percent roth, the system will calculate 3% as the company portion.
              Margie Gyurisin
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Do you have your BN19.3 populated with you match percent and limit defined? Do you have your company deduction code set up as calc type E and the EE deduction code in the Matched deduction field?
                Kchan
                Basic Member
                Basic Member

Yes, we have those set up correctly.

What we want is for the system to aggregate both roth and traditional % and then calculate the match.

The problem is, if I do 3% roth and 3% traditional, system will give us a total match of 6%. However, our match schedule is 100% the first 3%, and 50% the next 2%, up to 4%.

Is the system currently doing this calculation for you correctly? If so, would you be able to share screenshots? Maybe I'm missing something?

thanks,

Margie Gyurisin
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    That is different than our plan. Ours is a math limit schedule plan. It sounds like you need a match percent schedule plan.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.