BN299 Errors on IRS Test Site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We are submitting our forms ourselves this year (last year we had a third party do it), and when we are uploading the BN299 xml and manifest to the test site, it keeps giving us errors on address line 1.  Error message AIRSH100 "XML Schema Validation Failed - not well formed or missing required elements".  All the addresses that have fallen out on the error report have been apartments.  We have been putting them on Address Line 1 for ease of report pulling.  Have you been putting apartments on Address Line 2?  Is this what the IRS is looking for?  I'm trying to make heads or tails of this schema it's referring to, but it doesn't make any sense
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Do you have any special characters beside the apt number? any extra spaces. We found we need to clean them up.
      Margie Gyurisin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        To your other question, I just queried our system. Most of our APT numbers are in Address 1. But, we do have some in Address 2.
        Ja'Tia Thompson
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member

This year our file was initially rejected because of the use of special characters in the address line 1. (Examples: Apt #3). It was not rejected last year, but apparently there was a change in the IRS schema which may have impacted this. Once we removed the special characters, the IRS accepted our file. This is excerpt of what the IRS sent me:

AddressLine1Txt is the first line containing the street address of the employee. 

Max length 35 characters.

Legal Characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphen, slash and single space. 

Illegal Character: leading space, trailing space, adjacent spaces, and other symbols.

AddressLine2Txt is an optional second line containing the street address of the employee. 

Max length 35 characters.

Legal Characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphen, slash and single space. 

Illegal Character: leading space, trailing space, adjacent spaces, and other symbols.

--but to answer your question... we mostly use Address Line 1; however, we do have some employees that have utilized Address Line 2. Hope this helps.

Kristie Starzyk
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Oh boy.... I think that might be our issue.... The 2 in question for 1 of our process levels has multiple spaces between the street and the apartment number.  :(  And I'll make sure we take out any special characters.  Thank you so much for your help!
            Kristie Starzyk
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

Thank you thank you thank you!!  Someone else is submitting the files for me.... so maybe he didn't send me all of the IRS's explanation of the rejections of the file.  I was having a mild panic attack that I would have to move all our apartments to address line 2!

You guys are the best!!  Thank you!!!!!!

Margie Gyurisin
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Good luck.

It is a good feeling when you finally get the Accepted, with errors message.....Unless you are lucky and all TIN numbers/names match the IRS records.. I'd like to see that company.
                Kristie Starzyk
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  That's my next issue.... We are submitting for 5 process levels.... half of them are being rejected right off the bat for the "business name and TIN numbers" not matching IRS records. Did you run into this? Is your Process Level name not the same as the name registered with the TCC/IRS database?
                  Margie Gyurisin
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Ours are the same, now. You have a couple of options. I believe the best would be to change your HR01 to match what the IRS registered name is. You can change it back. Another option is to open the xml output and change it there.
                    Ja'Tia Thompson
                    Advanced Member
                    Advanced Member
                      Another tidbit that may help someone is, before resubmitting your BN299, make sure the XML byte size and the ChecksumAugmentationNum is correct. There is KB article (1830058) that will guide you through the process. Trust me, if you're resubmitting your BN299 you want to verify that your XML byte size and ChecksumAugementationNum on the manifest file matches the forms XML file. If not, your BN299 will be rejected by the IRS again.
                      BonBon
                      Advanced Member
                      Advanced Member
                        I had a rejected file with the message "The TCC within the Header 'Unique Transmission Id' must match a TCC within the IRS database. The frustration is that it I called the IRS TCC help number. The only thing is that I do NOT have the , Inc. on my HR01 but I do have , Inc. in the TCC application. Is was like that last year as well and I had no problem at all. Does anyone know if you can or cannot have a comma or period in the PL name? Or has anyone had a similar error message and figured it out? Thanks so much!
                        Kristie Starzyk
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          We had that issue too. The person that has the TCC code called the help line, and he was told that he was still in their test site. We have to submit everything to the test site, have it clear with no errors, then he needs to call back, and they will manually switch him to the production side of the site. I'm not sure if that's your issue, too.
                          BonBon
                          Advanced Member
                          Advanced Member

The IRS help person desk had told me that as well, that maybe I was still in the TEST environment for the upload web address.  She said that to be sure and not use a favorites link from a prior time because that link could be to the test environment.  So while she was on the phone with me; she talked me through just going to the web address bar and type in www.irs.air and then get to the UI Channel from there.  Which I did while she was on the phone with me. And she told me to upload again and I had the same error a second time.  However.....the second upload was the exact same file (like you could do last year) and so it was NOT a new BN299 xml file where I ran the BN299 as "Replacement" and with the IRS Receipt ID. She said I could do that because she thought now I was in PROD and not in TEST.  So I don't know now what to do. But maybe run a new BN299 as a replacement and give that a try.  NOTE: the TCC help person verified that I am in Production with them and not Test.  So there is a status of TEST and I guess there is also a web address for TEST.  I did not retest this year because I did the testing last year and the TCC said that was fine, it was "one and done" and I was in Production status. This drives me crazy.

Margie Gyurisin
                            Veteran Member
                            Veteran Member
                              when we corrected our address errors, we just reran a BN299 and uploaded the 2 new xml files that the Bn299 produced. We did not mark it as replacement since the other was never accepted.
                              Margie Gyurisin
                              Veteran Member
                              Veteran Member
                                It is my understanding you only have to run as a TEST the first year. We did not run any of ours as TEST.
                                BonBon
                                Advanced Member
                                Advanced Member
                                  The IRS help person originally said I could just upload again but then she changed her mind and said I needed to do it as a Replacement I kind of argued with her on that. So I am glad I did not run yet as Replacement. I thought I had read somewhere that if it was flat out rejected that I could just upload it again. So when you did your address error repairs; did you have to rerun BN297 first and then a BN299? Or just a BN299? Thanks so much!
                                  Margie Gyurisin
                                  Veteran Member
                                  Veteran Member
                                    For address changes, just the BN299.
                                    BonBon
                                    Advanced Member
                                    Advanced Member

Great, thank you!

Kristie Starzyk
                                      Veteran Member
                                      Veteran Member
                                        New Errors!!! So I got past the address errors, but now it's giving an error on every single person saying the below error. Is this typical with the IRS Test site??? I'm not sure how we are supposed get these passed if I have an error on every single employee on my file. Did this issue come up last year for anyone?

1095C-010-01

Form 1095C 'OtherCompletePersonName' and 'SSN' in 'EmployeeInfoGrp' must match IRS database

/Form109495CTransmittalUpstream/Form1094CUpstreamDetail/Form1095CUpstreamDetail/EmployeeInfoGrp/SSN

Jennifer Burke
                                        Advanced Member
                                        Advanced Member
                                          We found we had errors where the address fields had extra spaces before, in between, and after letters, and where special characters like @, ', # were used. If these could not be changed directly on the HR11 due to impacting taxes, we did an override on the BN27.2
                                          Hunter Pearson
                                            I had the exact same thing happen to me. I got through the address errors and now I'm just spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to get past this. Did you ever figure it out?
                                            Kristie Starzyk
                                            Veteran Member
                                            Veteran Member
                                              What type of errors are you getting? After I cleared all my address errors (special characters, leading spaces, etc), re-ran the file and uploaded it again, it gave me errors on individual employees or dependents. On the PROD site for the address errors, it didn't give me who the errors were on. It only said Address Line 1, Address Line 1, Address Line 1, City.... etc. That was very frustrating.

However, it should still be accepted on the PROD side with employee/dependent name/SSN errors.
                                              You are not authorized to post a reply.