HR156 vs HR155 Employee Group Update

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We currently run the HR156 each week to update all of our employee groups. 

however today after an issue we had with the HR156 I noticed the HR155 has an option to run it for a specific employee group (which is what we normally do when we make a specific change to an employee group and need it to update ASAP) or for only those employee groups that need to be updated. 

How often are you running either of these jobs?  Do you have any knowledge of the purpose of each of the jobs?
    stephanie
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      We run HR155 only when we update an existing group, not on any sort of a schedule. We also run it for the individual group when a new group is created, since the functionality of groups should be that employees are added going forward as they meet the criteria, but the application doesn't do any sort of "look back" when an update is made. A million years ago, we ran an update for all groups, and it took the entire weekend to complete. Technically, there shouldn't be any reason to run the programs on a regular basis -
      M.J.
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        We pretty much do the same as Stephanie - we currently have 186 groups and it might take more than a weekend to complete a full group run. Also, if the group is tied to benefits or to absence management I like to be more controlled and do a report of the group membership before and after so I can see who dropped out or was added so benefits or LP plans can be adjusted as needed. If you are using personnel actions to change your employee data the groups should keep themselves up to date.
        Kelly H
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Wow I am surprised at the run times you are experiencing. We currently run the HR156 in its entirety once a week. We have 841 employee groups and 39,000 employee records in Lawson (20,000 of which are active) and it normally takes at most 75 minutes to run on a Sunday evening. Perhaps this is because we run it weekly rather than on an as needed basis. Based on the run times you are experiencing it may be in our best interest to keep it on our weekly run list.

And we do use personnel actions to change employee data and groups are updated via that process as well.
          jaherb
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            HR155 is good for small populations and for updating a particular EE group. HR156 was designed to expedite the group process for large facilities and a large number of groups. It uses different technology in building the groups and is much faster than HR155. We typically used this for go-live conversions.
            Rajasekar
              if anyone have any idea about how many days it take HR155 to complete with All group.
              You are not authorized to post a reply.