Affordable Care Act 1094/1095

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Does anyone know if Infor is developing anything to assist with 1094/1095 reports/filing?
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Yes, they are. My understanding is that it is in final development stages.

From what I understand, you should make sure all your FT employees who have not opted into benefits should be in a waive plan.
      Mary Porter
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        thanks Margie, I'll look for more info on their website
        John Henley
          The info I have is that Infor will communicate to clients beginning some time in April regarding planned changes to support ACA; in part this is due to delays from IRS on providing detailed requirements, particularly related to electronic filing, etc. My understanding is that design/development is just beginning (i.e. how to capture the required data), and new features won't be released until later in the year, probably as part of the year-end packages. However, Margie's comment about making sure that the employees are in a waive plan is correct.
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          TBonney
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Is anyone else concerned with the timing? Although mandatory reporting doesn't begin until 2016, based on Infor's planned release of the associated programs as part of year-end patches, we miss the boat on any testing for this year.

The IRS is planning on testing submission through the AIR system beginning in June/July 2015. However, we won't have the programs to produce the data from Infor until mid-November when year-end patches are released. Doesn't this mean we will be unable to actually test anything until mid-to-late November at the earliest (at which point, from what I've read on the IRS site, testing will already be closed)?

Am I missing something? Please advise if you have any additional information that might help to alleviate these concerns.

Thank you.
            juliek
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              I am very very concerned about the timing.  I understand that not all aspects of the ACA laws were 100% but I feel that Infor/Lawson waited to long to begin development.  We are currently developing a list of concerns that we have to supply to our Info representatives.  They also mentioned in a "preview" session that the year end reports will produce a CSV file but Infor/Lawson will not be printing and they could not guarantee us 100% support for 2015 reporting in 2016.  Again, not acceptable to us and very worried.
              Christine Kam
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                There is Lawson PR271 US Affordable Care Act. I have not done any testing on this. I will think this is designed for the ACA reporting.
                TBonney
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Our HRIS Admin had already reviewed & tested the PR271. However, it seems that it will be insufficient to provide the details required to produce the 1094/1095 forms. This was his response when asked about the PR271's ability to provide what will be required of us with regards to IRS reporting and/or generation of the 1094/1095 forms...

"From what I've seen and tested the PR271 is only for the hours requirement for who should be eligible for benefits based on average weekly hours. I don't see anything directly related to benefits screens."
                  Bob Canham
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    From what I've heard, the PR271 is just for the hours requirements related to offering benefits to part time employees who work more than 30 hours per week. Infor is working on the other requirements, but last I heard, they were targeting release in September. They have been posting information and have a powerpoint presentation available under the Human Capital Management community on www.inforcommunities.com.
                    thekboose
                    Advanced Member
                    Advanced Member
                      I opened a ticket with Infor, they provided one power point and said they're working on it. I raised concerns with our Senior Account Exec. I also provided Infor with the technical file specs from the IRS and information about the IRS conference call for developers. She said the issue has been escalated and will get back with me.....
                      We're concerned that the Infor powerpoint doesn't mention anything about accepting return error files and resubmissions, in addition that the current development direction requires that all HL plan setup must be defined as BN , no deduction only health setup.
                      MarlaD
                        Can you shed some light on why "FT employees who have not opted into benefits should be in a waive plan"?
                        Margie Gyurisin
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          I agree with Julie's statement regarding the lateness of the solution. I, too, am concerned. It till take significant effort for us to test while we are gearing up for open enrollment and then year end.

With regard to Marla's question, it is my understanding that you need to have employees who opt out in a waive plan so the 1094/1095 pick them up and report correctly. There may be override screens but if you can make the system work for you that is preferable to me. Hard to judge exactly without the programs to look at and test with.
                          Margie Gyurisin
                          Veteran Member
                          Veteran Member
                            I am not sure if this is helpful or not but I got this from a contact at Infor.

Unfortunately Infor development is mandated to go through a beta process before releasing these changes to customers. This ensures the process can be implemented without error. We also cannot release regulatory updates until the IRS provides final instructions which were provided on February 4, 2015 instructions for the forms 1094-C and 1095-C. We are doing our best to get the data collection component to customers as soon as we can but the earliest would be August. Customers are going to now have to make room in their schedules for the new Benefits Year End Process. This will be a continuing challenge as they move forward.

ACA reporting won’t be delivered until closer to year end. IRS is still finalizing the electronic specifications we are working with the current draft but cannot release on only the draft; again, instructions must be finalized.

There is additional information on inforcommunities on the HRM section.
                            Beate Hughes-Brown
                            Advanced Member
                            Advanced Member

We have chosen to use the Kronos ACA module, since Kronos is our timekeeping solution.  The module is great, will track, warn of eligibility, and create the 1094 and 1095.

Brian Dittman
                              Basic Member
                              Basic Member
                                I attended Infor's West Coast Mega Meeting in April, and they had a session about this. They're moving the whole effort into the Benefits module, with PR271 being supplanted by BN171 along with several other new screens. Everything is still in development, and the timetable they relayed is beta testing by July and live by September. You can get the presentation slides from inforcommunities.com. Look under Files > Lawson Global User Group (LGUG) Files > What's New for the Affordable Car Act in Infor HCM.
                                Lady F

Hello Brian,

I went to infor communities and wasn't  able to locate this presentation. Do you know if it has been taken down? Do you have any new updates on the ACA? I'm getting ready to work on this and any information will be helpful.

My email is ccrff@hotmail.com

Thanks!
                                  Cheryl 

Brian Dittman
                                  Basic Member
                                  Basic Member

Hi Cheryl,

I see they've added many more files since my last visit, so it's a bit buried.

Here is a direct link to the file:  http://www.inforcommuniti...=1815&req=direct

jph826
                                    Advanced Member
                                    Advanced Member
                                      Hi Everyone, I submitted a question to support today asking for an ACA update. We are trying to schedule resources. Can you by any chance give us an idea of what to expect in September? Is it just going to be a CTP for PR271 or do you expect more in depth system changes? Will users receive email notification of the release?
                                      Answer: this is currently in BETA and they are shooting for September for GA. My understanding is that the PR271 isn't going to be used. This is what we received:
                                      PR271 will not be part of the upcoming ACA project to be delivered this fall. The reason is this will be a BN solution and not a PR solution therefore PR271 is being replaced with a new program called BN149. This new program will be similar to PR271 but enhanced to perform additional functions.

You will be notified when this becomes available and yes, it will be a ctp.
                                      Mary Porter
                                      Veteran Member
                                      Veteran Member
                                        This was the last presentation that I saw come out - I haven't seen one for July yet
                                        Attachments
                                        Brian Dittman
                                        Basic Member
                                        Basic Member
                                          I emailed Paula Black, the contact person on the last slide of the presentation, and her response on 7/29 continues to hold firm on their September 4th target for the CTP release which includes the 'data collection and measurement components.' The second CTP for IRS and employee reporting (1094-C/1095-C) is targeted for December.
                                          CindyW
                                          Veteran Member
                                          Veteran Member
                                            The CTP was posted on Friday.
                                            David Britton
                                            Veteran Member
                                            Veteran Member
                                              Infor released KB: 1650062 Master KB Article - HRM Benefits update for the Affordable Care Act
                                              on 09/22/2015.

Lots of stuff to read over.
                                              Brian Dittman
                                              Basic Member
                                              Basic Member
                                                Is it clear to anyone else how the electronic reporting to the IRS is supported? I seem to recall past mention of a second set of CTPs that would come out late in the year, but I can't find anything current that explicitly says so.
                                                Margie Gyurisin
                                                Veteran Member
                                                Veteran Member
                                                  Yes. A second set of reporting CTPs will be coming out.
                                                  TBonney
                                                  Veteran Member
                                                  Veteran Member
                                                    Does anyone have any insider information on whether or not the second set of CTPs will produce the output in the IRS-mandated xml format, or will we need to scramble once again in order to manipulate the data into the required format?

Thanks.
                                                    You are not authorized to post a reply.
                                                    Page 1 of 212 > >>