CN-LSF90x-20120330 Reg Updates not Avail unless you are current

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    This critical notice dated 3/31/2012 is stating that as of 3/31/2012 (short notice- if you ask me!!) if your ESP is more than one back, you will not be able to use the regulatory updates. We rely on the year end updates for W2's and 1099's. We are not able to get our ESP's up to date and tested by years end due to other projects and I'm having a hard time believing that Lawson can throw this in my lap with such short notice. Our functional users are only avail each February for testing. I'm concerned about the year end updates and though GSC states that our MSP does not have to be up to date (just the ESP), I'm curious to know how this critical notice has been rec'd by others out there.
    Brian Allen
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Thank you for bring this to our attention. That is a short notice, however, I think that we will be able to comply since the installation and testing effort is not as large as it would be for an MSP.

I can see where this will cause issues from some organizations due to the short notice. It is effectively a 9 month decommission notice for an environment release since the regulatory updates are required.
      Greg Moeller
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Some would say that an ESP requires even more testing than an MSP. (Since it affects the entire environment.) We've been burned in the past by doing too little testing of an ESP.
        EricS
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Some would say that having started an upgrade project and picked the releases prior to 9 being avialble, it is not reasonable to be told now that we have to start over.
          beverly godwin
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Do we have any recourse with lawson? I told the GSC person to upchannel my complaint to the GSC mgr and he said that he would, but that will most likley not do anything.

Since our testing window is Feb - May and new ESP's come out in May and Oct...Come W2 time, we will always be 2 ESP's behind!
            Brian Allen
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Voicing your concerns to your sales executive may help.  If you are attending Inforum, you could discuss with Infor/Lawson leaders. 
              Greg Moeller
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Just so you know that you are not alone, Beverly. Our testing window is Feb - May as well!
                EricS
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Ours is the same. We are evaulating the available releases in Feb, install in test or dev in March, testing in April and May, prod update in June.
                  SP
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Get ready folks. How many companies have one of these?
                    http://www.infor.com/comp...dership/john-goedert

Infor has not historically allowed customers to rest on their laurels.
                    They want to be cutting edge. I would be surprised if there is not a
                    serious push to move everyone to Infor 10 before the stated 2017 deadline.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM, <forums-lsf-s3-sys-admin@lawsonguru.com>wrote:

> [image: LawsonGuru.com Logo] <https://www.lawsonguru.com/> S3 Systems
                    > Administration Forum Notification A message was posted to a thread you
                    > are tracking. *RE: CN-LSF90x-20120330 Reg Updates not Avail unless you
                    > are current* Posted by: *EricS*
                    > 04/19/2012 02:10 PM Ours is the same. We are evaulating the available
                    > releases in Feb, install in test or dev in March, testing in April and May,
                    > prod update in June.
                    > ------------------------------
                    >
                    > To view the complete thread and reply via your browser, please visit:
                    >
                    > https://www.lawsonguru.co...ess-you-are-current/
                    >
                    > You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications
                    > when someone posted and/or responded to a message on this forum.
                    > To unsubscribe to this thread please visit your user profile page and
                    > change your subscription options.
                    >
                    > Thank you,
                    > LawsonGuru.com
                    >

beverly godwin
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      I've talked to my account rep and they have revised the critical notice (CN-LSF90x-20120330-01 (updated April 30, 2012). While the new notice does NOT mention reg updates or anything of the like, it pertains to a critical patch for ibm folks. I do not see the relation and would have preferred that they rescind the original notice, but they assure me that the announcement # is the same, so the new notice REPLACES the prior one...so apparently we are o.k. and can still get the reg updates even though we are behind in our MSP and ESP's... yea! yea! yea! yea!

I think that we are adopting the STAY with what is stable approach for now...hanging out with 9015 & 9017 possibly until we upgrade to Infor 10 if we can hold out that long!!
                      Brian Allen
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Beverly, I had just scheduled the current ESP for application to our test environment for next week, but I have now canceled it.

Thanks for the update!

Brian
                        You are not authorized to post a reply.