403b match limit with ER match at diff date

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Hello. We currently administer our 403b by having two different BN15 plans. I would like to combine into one since there is quite a bit of manual and process upkeep to having two plans. Is there a way to set up as Match Limit type 07, but have the system determine a different Employer deduction start date than the Employee deduction start date? We allow employees to enroll immediately upon hire; they are not employer match elig until they have reached one year of service then the following 1st of the month. So an example would be a new hire enrolling in the pay period of their hire with their own contribution deduction starting right away but the Employer Match deduction doesn't kick in until 08/01/17. I think I have to set it up as type 07 because we have two different match structures with different percentages; employees fall into either employee GroupA or employee GroupB and their match percentage would be different. Any ideas are appreciated!
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      We have our match in one plan. If it is simply after one YOS, that would be simple. Running the BN102 should change the enrollment at the 1 year mark. The first of month following may be problematic. You could experiment with re-enrolment rules or run the BN102 at the end of the month so even though the deduction start would be 8/15, the system would pick it up 09/01. It could also be a candidate for an enhancement request.

My quick thoughts.
      dra2325
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Thank you so much for sharing.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.