bn106 to delta in 834 format

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hi, we recently switch our health insurance to Delta and they are requiring a 5010 834 file. Has anyone generate the 834 from Lawson to a vendor? We are new at the 834 and not sure where to start. Any advices, sites, or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Again something in detail would be nice because we're very new at it. Thanks.

Ricky
    Bill Ianni
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I've done this the 834 twice this year for Delta Dental and other vendors (Blue Shield, VSP, Cigna). You will need to set up your HR system so that it produces the BN106 data output that your vendor(s) require. Then you will need a custom program to accomplish EDI formatting and to take care of some other nuances that Delta requires. Other nuances include adding/changing/deleting EDI segments. Even though EDI is a standard, Delta, as well as other vendors, require slight deviation. I have the custom program available for re-use. The process takes approximately 60 days because you need to certify your file with Delta. That usually takes a few iterations of back and forth. Delta is particularly slow in December. The January cut off is past. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for a consulting partner to assist. (321) 961-1739.
      Mary Porter
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        We use Delta for Dental and they finally gave me a generic eligibility file spec so that we can write it in ACCESS and then upload via ftp instead of using the BN106/834.
        RickyY
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Hi Mary,

Thank you for your reply. Is there a you can share the access file? We need a push start. Thanks.
          Mary Porter
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I sent you a message - let me know if you got it
            RickyY
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Hi Mary,

For some reason I can't open it. Can you send it to my e-mail nyang@childrenscentralcal.org? can you also share your access database and the spec? Sorry if I'm asking too much.
              scuba80
              Advanced Member
              Advanced Member
                I am new to Lawson and curious about report writing and file transfers to vendors.  Is MS Access the best application?  My background is SAP and we never used Access to create reports.  The reports were created and executed in the SAP application.  Can the 834 files be created in Lawson, so I do not have to rely on Access?  IS there any ad hoc reporting in Lawson or do I need to use Access for that as well?  
                BarbR
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  No, you do not need to use Access. We use Lawson ProcessFlow to created the 834 format. Other people let the BN106 create the data and then pass that to a EDI package or external vendor that would create the 834 format.
                  RickyY
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Hi we are still in the process of trying to write a 834 file to vendor as well. Can you share your process flow to see how its setup? Much appreciated. 

Thanks,
                    Ricky
                    Greg
                    Basic Member
                    Basic Member
                        I am also interested in the Lawson Process Flow to create the 834 format from pending employee benefits. Was one ever posted here?  I am attempting to help our HR team automate the process of creating weekly HIPAA 834 files that need to sent to our insurance vendors. They currently are performing many manual steps and are using MS ACCESS which we would like to stop utilizing.   I am new to Lawson and have been searching the Lawson media to find such a process that I can compare to our current process.  Thanks.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.