BSI Contribution Limits for 457b

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Essentially, 457(b) can now accomodate Pre and After Tax contributions (I believe IRS has allowed this a few years ago). Currently, our 403(b) and 403(b) Roth Contributions aggregate as they should utilizing the tax status codes, 02 and 17 on the PR05. 457(B) Roth has a tax status of 04 but not a corresponding after tax status code... it must be left blank to get the appropriate after-tax calculation; this does not aggregate toward the maximum contribution. Has anyone experienced this issue?
    SherryW
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      Did you try the non qualified 457B status to get it to be a post tax and accume?
      Gary Stone
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Hi Sherry,
        Neither the 22 or the 25 aggregates to the 04; I had suggested to Infor that the addition of a tax status code, "18" would be appropriate. (This would follow suit to the 401k and 403b Roth Plans). They suggested that BSI needed to do that and if they agreed, then I should put in an enhancement request... what? Not sure which way to go.
        Karen Ploof
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Gary, I believe what Infor is telling you is that they have no idea how this is supposed to work. Have you talked to BSI? I like working with their help line, if you get the right person. I would explain your situation and ask them if there is a BSI configuration that needs to be changed. Ultimately, it's BSI's responsibility to do the correct calculations, so I'm sure it is capable of aggregating the pre and post tax contributions. Once you understand how BSI gets that done, you can try to tie that back to the Lawson codes. Even when it wasn't a BSI configuration issue, with the help of the BSI person, I was usually able to figure out what needed to be done on the Lawson side.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.