PR140 Sporadic Runtimes

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hi all,

In August 2012, we upgrade to Apps 9.0.1.7 and Environment 9.0.1.9.  During testing, we noticed our PR140 run time went from around 45 minutes before the upgrade, to 2.5 hours.  We opened a ticket with Lawson and they suggested re-indexing the PAYDEDUCTN table.  We did that in testing and it seemed to work, bringing our run time down to 35 minutes.

Since then, we've noticed the same spike in time sporadically.  Our PR140 will run around 35-40 minutes without re-indexing each bi-weekly Payroll, and sometimes several bi-weekly Payrolls in a row, then will have an off day and run for at least an hour and a half, sometimes getting back into the 2.5 hour range.

Last Wednesday, we re-indexed the same PAYDEDUCTN table.  Our bi-weekly Payroll yesterday ran again for 2.5 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this?  We've had several tickets open with Lawson and their only suggestion has been to re-index the PAYDEDUCTN table.  Now that re-indexing didn't work this time around, it's definitely something else.

The kicker is that we never had this issue before upgrading to 9.0.1.7 apps.  I was curious if anyone else experienced this and if you've found a solution, what it was.  The only other post I've seen regarding this was back on 8.1 apps, without a solution posted.

I appreciate any help that any of you might have.

Thanks,
    Randall
    Lee
      Review your .cfg file for the PR140 - the original settings may no longer be appropriate for your growing data structure. Review the PR140 for the tables it touches and re-set the config file to better utilize your memory and capacity on your system. Last resort - update your system to allow it to be able to handle your growth. The process takes a little tuning on a test system (preferable method) if you can.
      Randall
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks Lee. I've passed the info along to our system guys. I probably know enough about the configuration files to be dangerous, but I'm sure they know a lot more about them. I appreciate your response.
        Kelly H
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Very interesting. We have some similar issues with the run time on some of our payroll close jobs. I am no longer in payroll so not as familar with what jobs, etc. But I am going to share this with the team!
          Shaun
            Did anyone one figure this out? We are having similar issues with PR140 and TA170
            You are not authorized to post a reply.