PR140 - Time in two different departments

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Trying to figure out the reporting challenge with this. Have an employee who has time entered in PR36 with a department code of 0001. Prior to running PR140, employee is transferred to a position with a different department, so the default department for the employee is now 0004 (and has a different expense account).

The PR140 now shows the employee under department 0004 with the correct hours amount from PR36 - and the hours are actually getting allocated to the correct expense account. But the report (and the PR160) show the person under their default department - not the department that is attached to the time records.

Same thing holds true if hours are split between two departments.

And then - the real issue to try to resolve - but is really the same issue just described - if a person is transferred to a position that has a different process level - and that has a different bank code attached to each process level - then the 160 kicks out an error because it does not match up the bank code attached to PL (or processing group) identified in the PR160 and the process level assigned to the employee.

What am I missing? Don't have any issues with having to run two separate payroll processes - but if the "division" of the time is at the time record line item detail, how can it get separated for processing?

Sandy K
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      When we have changes like this for transfers or job code changes we process the payroll first, close with the PR197/198 and then process the changes. The reports I believe are defaulting to the HR11 file and because you entered the time record in PR36 before you made the changes and/or hard coded the department to charge. The only way that time record would change to charge 0004 is if you refreshed the record in PR36. If you run a PR197 report only you will probably see the time record charging to 0001. But again, we process and close all manual/system payments before making any changes to employee files.

I hope I helped, even just a little.
      Carolyn Lee
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Sounds like a conflict of process levels between employee, timerecord and paymastr data. I will not be surprised if there are distribution issues in PR197. Check the PR297 on that ee that it's coming out of the right company(ies). Best practice is no changes to employee records during payroll process to avoid problems like this. just don't do it.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.