PR560 Payroll History Import

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Hi All. We are in the middle of implementing Lawson. I am wondering, how many times can I run the PR560 conversion? 

I am having problems getting payroll history out of our current legacy system all in one big report.  So I am wondering, if I could maybe do the import in 3 different sections, one for check history, one for earn code history and amounts, and a 3rd time for deductions history and amounts. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Phil Simon
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      The 560 has an internal balancing mechanism that enforces this basic calculation:

gross - deductions - taxes = net

As a result, you can't upload only deduction records; they'll all be out of balance.

You'd have to run all records associated with a particular payment concurrently.
      Phil Simon http://philsimonsystems.com/ phil@philsimonsystems.com
      val
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Thanks Phil. So how about this. If I ran three different reports, one for check amounts, one for earn code amounts, and another for deduction amounts, could I just run grand totals for each one and import one row with each amount for each employee? I.e.

emp1 earncodeamounts deductionamounts
        emp2 earncodeamounts deductionamounts

Or would it be more like t his:
        row1: emp1 recordtype1 earncodeamounts
        row2: emp1 recordtype2 deductionamounts
        row3: emp2 recordtype1 earncodeamounts
        row4: emp2 recordtype2 deductionamounts

Thanks again!
        Phil Simon
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          You probably want the per-pay code and per-deduction detail, not just the summaries.
          Phil Simon http://philsimonsystems.com/ phil@philsimonsystems.com
          John Henley
            One thing I've done for clients is to stage all of their legacy data from the various reports, etc. into a common database and then prepare the Lawson PR560 CSV from that data. PR560 is a very tricky program, and things definitely have to be loaded in the correct order in the CSV file, or you will have a mess. While it's best if you can load payment detail, quarter totals will also work.
            Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
            John
            You are not authorized to post a reply.