AP20.2 Customization

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    The folks in AP are complaining about the number of keystrokes required for non-PO and PO invoices. They probably use less than 20 of the fields and would like a stripped down custom version of AP20.2. Has anyone ever done one of those? If we outsourced the code, how much should we budget for it?

Thanks.
    Ragu Raghavan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      This would be a good candidate for Design Studio. Do you have it ?
      John Henley
        Do you own Design Studio?=
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        Ragu Raghavan
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          To give you some idea, below are the details of a project that I worked on about 5 years back. This was one of my first Design Studio projects, so there was a learning curve. If I had to work on this now, I would estimate 24 hours.

Design Studio was used to customize the AP20.1 screen.

The following screen areas were customized to make the Invoice Entry more user-friendly:

a. Fields moved from the PAYMENTS tab to the MAIN tab (saves two mouse clicks per invoice)
          · Separate Payment
          · Pay Immediately
          b. Fields moved from the OPTIONS tab to the MAIN tab (saves two mouse clicks per invoice)
          · Cash Code
          · Payment Code
          · Pay Vendor
          c. Fields moved from the USR Fld to the MAIN tab (saves two mouse clicks per invoice)
          · User field 4 as PO#
          d. Fields moved from an auxiliary screen (AP22.5) to the main screen (saves two mouse clicks per invoice line distribution)
          · Distribution Code
          e. Fields moved from an auxiliary screen (Comments) to the main screen (saves six mouse clicks per invoice)
          · Comments
          f. Rearrange/delete some fields on the MAIN tab to accommodate above

Customization type
          a. a thru c and f do not require any programming knowledge – just training/exposure to design studio.
          b. d and e need exposure to
          · Java Script
          · DME/AGS calls

You are not authorized to post a reply.