Cloned a Lawson form (IC285) missing search box on fields

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    I recently cloned IC285 to ZC285 so we can make a customization to it and I notice that the some of the fields no longer have the search box next to them.  (ie Company, Item#, Report Group).
    I do have 1 field with the search box but it doesn't displays any values.

When I copied this program I did put it into another source folder where we put all our custom programs. Not sure if that's the issue or not.
    Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks!
    Judy Consoli
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

When you moved your program to the differenct system code, you have to make sure that the screen rules and object rules .sr and .or in the new system code contain the information that was required for the search, drill arounds.  Also you have to have system key definitions.

The easiest thing to do if move ZC285 back to the ic src code folder J

Judy Consoli

jaherb
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I like the idea of having all custom code in it's own source code, however as already described you have to take in mind the Key Numbers, System Key Numbers as well as the .sr and .or modules.   With that being said, it is easier to keep custom program in their original libraries.  I know a lot of places like keeping all custom code like that, but there are definite disadvantages.
        Lmanke
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          Thanks a lot... we may end up moving our custom programs back to the appropriate source folder.  
          I did find an overview document on how to setup search/drill.. got part of it to work.
          Judy Consoli
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Oh it can be done - just your choice.
            We have many custom system code and drill arounds working.

I will be glad to work with you if needed.  Just send me your email address and I will contact you about particulars.

Judy Consoli
            John Henley
              If you're just cloning a program, leave it in the same system code. However, if you're adding new functionality, I'm a big advocate of putting it into a separate system code, even though it is more work and duplicates some of the metadata. It is much easier to sort out and keep maintained later as you upgrade to newer versions.
              Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
              John
              Lmanke
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                Thank you everyone for your advice... I really do appreciate it!  I think we will have to re-evaluate our setup here.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.