PA531 - how to change 800-OPENINPUTCSV-APLLOADCSV path and file name

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    I know how to assign a path and file name to a PA531 job by using the jobdef CSV File Attributes, but what if the CSV file is dynamically named?
    I need to load a third-party created file of applicants.  The file will be dropped off to our FTP site daily with the date imbedded in the file name. I want to modify the PA531 to read the file based on the run date.
    How can i handle the file name so the 800-OPENINPUTCSV-APLLOAD can recognize it?
    Thanks for your help!
    Tim
    Ragu Raghavan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      This how I would do it:
      1. change the setup in workdef, so for the file APLLOADCSV, the field WsFld ID is highlighted instead of Value, and specify a ID: WS-APL-CSV in PA531WS
      2. in the PD file, build logic to populate the field WS-APL-CSV

For instanc, if the file is going to be $LAWDIR/pl/work/APLLOADCSV/input_ccyymmdd.csv, you will need something like

STRING "$LAWDIR/", pl , "/work/APLLOADCSV/input_" WS-SYSTEM-DATE-YMD, ".csv" DELIMITED BY SPACES INTO WS-APL-CSV.

before the OPEN statement
      jaherb
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Tim.... Instead of modifying the Lawson delivered PA531, I would write a simple read / write program that would take the input file and write it out to the APLLOADCSV file which is what the PA531 looks for. The pre-processor program could have a parameter containing the date of the file you are receiving from the vendor and then internally build the IP file name internally. This would take away the issue of "modifying" the PA531 and would be a simple enough task. This is the way I have handled things like this in the past.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.