900 to 901 ADAM question

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We're in the process of upgrading from LSF 9008 and Apps 9004 to LSF 9015 and Apps 901. In 9008 we have two ADAM instances. Lawson is bound to one with all the Lawson attributes and that ADAM instance is bound to another ADAM instance that synchronizes with AD and has pass through authentication. During this upgrade we are also upgrading from HP PARISC to HP Itanium and HP-UX 11iv1 to HP-UX 11iv3. So we have a new server and I'm installing all the 901 stuff fresh on the new server. My question is on for the new install I'm creating a new ADAM instance that will synchronize to AD. Do I need to create a second instance for Lawson to store it's attributes as it was done in 9008? Or durring LSF install can I tell it to consume an existing LDAP?
    DavidV
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Posted By DavidV on 04/30/2010 03:42 PM
      We're in the process of upgrading from LSF 9008 and Apps 9004 to LSF 9015 and Apps 901. In 9008 we have two ADAM instances. Lawson is bound to one with all the Lawson attributes and that ADAM instance is bound to another ADAM instance that synchronizes with AD and has pass through authentication. During this upgrade we are also upgrading from HP PARISC to HP Itanium and HP-UX 11iv1 to HP-UX 11iv3. So we have a new server and I'm installing all the 901 stuff fresh on the new server. My question is on for the new install I'm creating a new ADAM instance that will synchronize to AD. Do I need to create a second instance for Lawson to store it's attributes as it was done in 9008? Or durring LSF install can I tell it to consume an existing LDAP?

Tomwise
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        If your doing a fresh install with a new ADAM instance the lawson smoke test will detect that it's attributes are missing and create a new lawsec_inst.ldif file and add Lawson's objects to ADAM. You only need one instance of ADAM. The allowing Lawson to consume or not consume ADAM only has to deal with where in ADAM Lawson will create it's containers, objects and attributes. You will still get an lawsec_inst.ldif file that will have all that Lawson needs to run.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.