Installation of LSF901.4 - IOS-ws.ear fails to start

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Hi All,

We are testing our first LSF901.4 installation.
    At the step 'Deploy Lawson web application to Websphere 6.1' and for the IOS-ws.ear.
    The installation of the 'Application IOS' was successfull, but once done, we cannot start it.
    While the 2 others : bmp and lawsec were installed and started successfully.
    Lawson support does not want to assist because we are not certified installer.

From the server1 SystemOut.log, we can read:

[6/17/09 16:29:08:115 CEST] 00000034 DeployedAppli W   WSVR0206E: Module, IOS.war, of application, IOS.ear/deployments/IOS, failed to start
    [6/17/09 16:29:08:186 CEST] 00000034 ApplicationMg W   WSVR0101W: An error occurred starting, IOS
    [6/17/09 16:29:08:217 CEST] 00000034 SystemOut     O com.ibm.ws.exception.RuntimeWarning: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.exception.WebAppNotLoadedExc
    eption: Failed to load webapp: Failed to load webapp: Context root /* mapping unable to be bound. Application null unavailable.
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:338)

Any idea where we can look for fixing this error ?

We are running on HP-UX PARISC

TIA

Ben Coonfield
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      When you got the successful completion message when you installed the application via the WebSphere console, were there any W warning messages? If there were, in my experience such warnings are usually fatal. That is, such warnings don't usually prevent you from starting the app but it usually is an issue that prevents it from running successfully.

On the install screen was there anything entered in the context root field? I think it should be left blank.
      John Henley
        It sounds like you are not mapping the modules to the servers during the WAS .EAR deployment. That screen is a little tricky.
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        DQ Phan
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          Hi all,
          Can someone check what is the actual value for Context Root of the IOS.ear application? our is a /
          use WAS console -> Application -> Enterprise Application -> click on the ios application, on the next screen and on the right side, click on 'Context Root for Web Module'
          WAS 6.1 is our current version.

We tried to remove the / => same error cannot start ISO
          We put some dummy characters like abc => IOS started . But we guess that we will get error later when using Portal.

That 's why we would like someone check what is the right value for this attribut,

TIA
          Ben Coonfield
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I checked two working environments in the console, and in both cases the ContextRoot shows as just a slash, which was the installation default.

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling IOS.ear (and check carefully for warning messages on the reinstall). What other WebSphere applications are installed on this app server? One possible cause of an error related to the default root is a conflict with something already installed.

DQ Phan
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              I have uninstalled and reinstalled many time IOS, result is the same.
              And there is no error, no warning in the installation log.
              But if you find the / in your working IOS Application ISO then that must be the right value.
              It could be a confict with something, we have installed LSF9005 with WAS 6.0 on the same server, but this instance is shutdown completely. How can i find this conflict source.

John Henley
                Posted By John Henley on 06/17/2009 12:47 PM
                It sounds like you are not mapping the modules to the servers during the WAS .EAR deployment. That screen is a little tricky.

Have you looked at the "Manage Modules" option for IOS.war to make sure you are mapping the .EAR to BOTH an app server and a web server/virtual host?  That is what it sounds like is the problem.

John
                DQ Phan
                Basic Member
                Basic Member
                  Hi John,
                  I went thru the installation severl times and each time i paied double attention to this tricky screen. But it's the same result.
                  As i said earlier, when i change the Context Root to a dummy value ( other than the / ) like abcd , then IOS can start . '
                  Someone told me that may be fixpack must be installed for WAS6.1 first.
                  I ll check if there are .

Thanks for your inputs
                  John Henley
                    What fixpak are you currently running?
                    John
                    DQ Phan
                    Basic Member
                    Basic Member
                      we don't have fixpack installed for WAS6.1, we are downloading and will install it , the latest one.
                      But it's hard to believe that all fixpacks are already required at this stage of the installation,it 's a simple start of a standard IOS-ws.ear application.
                      Jimmy Chiu
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        I run into the same issue. After installing IOS, all 3 web apps appeared as a gray-out circle.

I was able to get IOS going with uninstalling IOS.
                        Restart the appserver
                        start lawsec and bpm
                        reinstall IOS

hit ot miss thing. There is an environment patch however in progress that I opened with LIS supposed to fix an issue with lase which links to IOS module.
                        Jimmy Chiu
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          If you are staging 9.0.1.4 environment, why not upgrade websphere to 7.0? It has some really exciting features.
                          Ben Coonfield
                          Veteran Member
                          Veteran Member
                            I was referring to a conflict with another app installed on the same application server instance, or at least on the same deployment server. The kind of conflict I was talking about would not be affected by something on a different WebSphere install.

For example, when you installed Websphere, did you elect to include the sample applications? Did you load the default application? Are there any other applications (EARs) loaded besides IOS, lawsec, & BPM?

Installing the latest WebSphere fixpack is a good idea, although I agree it seems improbable that it will solve this particular issue.
                            DQ Phan
                            Basic Member
                            Basic Member
                              Hi All,
                              with advises from different sources, we have resolved the issue.
                              The conflict founded in Context Root is indeed due to the DefaultApplication which has a / as Context Root. This DefaultApplication has come along with the WAS6.1 installation.

The resolution is simply unistall it , then we get ISO start successfully.
                              No extras fixpack or PT are required for fixing that.

Thanks you all
                              You are not authorized to post a reply.