Upgrade Websphere6.02 to 6.1 or 7.0

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Has anyone here done the upgrade from 6.0.2 to a newer version I need to upgrade our environments. Does any one have some instructions I been trying for a couple of days know and I can not get it right.

Thanks.
    Wade
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      What you need to do is install new Webshere version. This will not mess up the existing 6.0 installation. Here is useful link to verify prerequsites for 7.0

http://publib.boulder.ibm...r0/index.jsp?topic=/
      com.ibm.websphere.base.iseries.doc/info/welcome_base.html

Create node
      Federate node to deployment manager.
      Create Application Server.
      Add Lawson environment variables to the JVM
      Update the JVM classpath
      Add Lawson environment variables to the application server
      Assign a user to run the application server
      Define a web server within the node
      Set Up a Virtual Host
      Regen plugin
      Verify install by running http://WebServerName:WebS...t/snoop/SnoopServlet

If you want to use same ports as 6.0 install you will have to stop the 6.0 websphere components and chage ports for node and appserver using chgwassvr command. This means you will only be able to start either the 6.0 install or upgraded version not both at same time.

I know this is cursory information, but this is the general process. I suppose you could copy variables from the 6.0 install if you need to. Also if you upgrade to websphere 7.0 you must use java 6.1 Websphere 6.1 will still use 1.4 or 1.5

I have performed this activity for some of my customers. If you need assistance I will be glad to help.
      John Henley
        Great post! I definitely agree that install of the new version is much easier than an upgrade, with the tradeoff that you have diff port numbers if you don't uninstall 6.0 first. There's no easy answer short of new server. Hint: why not go virtual??=
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        You are not authorized to post a reply.