Windows Server 2008 and Vertex Sales Tax Q series

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I don't know if anyone else has run into this issue but here goes.

I have a Windows Server 2008 box running LSF 9.0.1.5 and Applications 9.0.1.  I've been troubleshooting a problem with Quantum Vertex Sales Tax "Q" series (ISAM) version 3.1.5.  The problem I have is that if any Lawson application attempts to access the vst.dll library in the utils folder of the Vertex installation folder, an error will be thrown indicating that the vst.dll library cannot be found on the path.

I've gone round and round with Lawson on this confirming my laconfig setitngs, vertex.cfg settings, server environment path, etc.  I finally contacted Vertex directly and they tell me there there is NO version of Vertex that supports Windows Server 2008.   I went back to Lawson with this info and they have confirmed that they do not have Vertex installed on any 2008 boxes.

So now we are looking at stepping back, wiping the server, installing Windows Server 2003, and reinstalling my 9,0,1,5 environment all over again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I'm trying to avoid going through a whole 'nother system rebuild, but if I have to, so be it.  But I wanted to see if the Lawson gurus out there have encountered this same situation

_________________ John - Wichita, KS
    Jimmy Chiu
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Enable "everyone" with full access to the vst.dll folder and see if you encounter a different error just for "testing".
      John Costa
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks Jimmy, but "Everyone" already has full access to the folder. Any online program or batch job that requires the use of the vst.dll file reports back with the same error, "Could not find DLL on path: vst.dll" I'm at a complete lost to explain it other than an incompatibility with the dll interacting with the Windows 2008 operating system. My laconfig shows the path to the Vertex/utils folder, I have the same folder listed in my server's PATH environment variable, and I can even run "which vst.dll" and "where vst.dll" from a LID command prompt and both commands report back the correct location of the dll.
        _________________ John - Wichita, KS
        Rabie K
          John,

I know this is a 3 year old thread, but I m encountring the same problem with 2008 and Vertex Sales Tax 4.0, have you figured out what the deal is with the dll not found error ?

Thanks
          You are not authorized to post a reply.