Crystal 2008-Suppress Group Header 1 based on running total in Group Footer 1

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    We have a Crystal report that groups employees by Supervisor. There is a running total in the footer that meet specific criteria. For example, a supervisor may have 5 people reporting to them, but none of them meet the criteria. In the footer, that supervisor's running total is 0. We want to suppress that supervisor from displaying if the running total is > 0. We can suppress the footer based on the running total, but not the header. We've played around with different counts, but can't get consistent results. Any ideas what we could try? Any formulas that would help in this case? Thank you!
    Georgette
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I would suggest creating a subreport for the details, then pull only the records into the primary report that match your criteria. The subreport is hidden or suppressed.
      Matthew Nye
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I dont remember the exact steps off the top of my head but the quickest and most efficient way to use a running total in a group header (without doing it in SQL) is to place a crosstab in a header section 1 level above the header section you want to use the total in. In the crosstab you load the total of the summary you want into a global variable (this is the step i dont remember exactly), then load the global variable in a formula and place the formula in the header section where desired.

the trick here is you have to make the size of the crosstab as small as possible and then make all elements (fonts, boarders, etc) white. and be sure the crosstab report isnt in a section that is suppressed otherwise it wont work.

If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
        You are not authorized to post a reply.