Heirarchial reporting using RW100

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We are using attributes defined on every accounting unit to group it as a management heirarchy in the organization. For eg every accounting unit has a Director, Sr. Director, VP and Sr. VP. This helps us to group all accounting units to belong to a director which then falls under a sr director, which falls under a VP and then under a SR VP.

Using the consolidated option for report writer we use it to look at the totals for a VP. But the report writer's limitation is you can use it only for one consolidated report and not a heirarchy. We then are using this as a source to get into crystal.

I am tasked to create one report which is goruped by CEO, Sr VP, VP, Sr. Director, and then director for all accounting units which should drill down from The CEO to the transaction level which is the lowest level.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? If so can you share some ideas?

Thanks, Ruma.

Ruma Malhotra
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Since we are using crystal as our output we would like the end result to be in crystal?

k-rock
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        You could build a report a the CEO level, then use sub-queries to run reports at the next levels down to Director.
        Ruma Malhotra
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member

All of the rpeorts have to be run as RW100 reports because of what is calculating in the report. So I need one report for the CEO, one for each Sr VP that reports to hime. Then for each Sr VP I need a separate report for each VP that reports to each SR VP. Then I need a separate report for each Sr director that reports to that VP and then in turn for the directors who report to that Sr Director.

Since I am trying to get a consolidated view for each level of management reporting the limitation is that RW100 can be run for only one consolidated report at one time. You cannot create multiple consolidated reports. This means that for each manager, director etc I would have to create a separate report and run it in RW100 under the consolidated option. There will be like 50 different reports one for each manager, director, Sr director, VP, Sr VP and CEO.

Sub queries defeats the heirarchical nature of the entire report which means that when I click on the CEO it shows me the reporting for each of his direct reports. Then when I click on each direct report it shows me all of the levels below. In this wway I keep clicking from top to botton to finally arrive at the transaction level that is the base.

I hope My reply is not too confusing.

Thanks once again for the input,

Ruma.

k-rock
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            You only need 1 report per level: CEO, Sr VP, VP, Sr Director and Director. Then you can use the value of the attribute to bring up the appropriate data.

In your first post, you mentioned that you wanted to drill from CEO to transactions. In this last post you say that you do not want to click and drill from CEO to transactions. I honestly have no idea what you are asking for at this point.

Do you have a query tool connected to Lawson (Cognos, Hyperion, Brio, Access)? These tools can probably do drill through reporting better than Lawson RW100.
            John Henley
              Have you looked at 'Process Group' as an option...that would let you build the same report, and then copy it to tailor it for each level. Each report would belong to the same process group, and then you run RW100 for the process group.

However, it will not give you the drill-down capability you want. To get that you'd have to invest in LBI (if you want a Lawson solution) and use LBIB structures and reports/subreports/drills, or one of k-rocks suggestions like Hyperion or Brio.
              Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
              John
              Ruma Malhotra
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                We are using LBI and crystal. However our organization has made a decision to invest in a reporting tool that is supported by LBI which is crystal. We do not want to go to Brio or cognos.

I can copy one report to another using the process group but will be able to run it in a consolidated fashion as one report.

Also K-rock mentioned about drill-down, I do need the drill down from top to bottom which is from CEO to transaction level.

Going bottom up, I can explain as follows. I look at all transactions for an account say payroll for each accounting unit. These accounting units then are rolled up for a manager who in turn rolls up for a director, the sr director and upwards to the CEO. The issue is I have is I am just not looking at one set of accounts. My report has to be creating fixed payroll amounts, variable payroll amounts, revenue from patient accounting, fixed payroll hours contract labor hours, ftes paid and so forth.

For each accounting unit I need all this information plus what was the budget for the month, the YTD budget, last year budget etc in one report and then roll it up for management reporting.

When you mentioned LBIB structures what are you exactly referring to...

Thanks,
                ruma.
                Ruma Malhotra
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  What are LBIB structures?
                  Ruma Malhotra
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Our organization is also willing to pay for ideas. please contact me also directly @ ruma20045@yahoo.com
                    Kim92
                      Are you still looking for assistance with the hierarchical reporting using RW100?  If so, I have a solution for you!  Please let me know and we can discuss further.  Thank you!
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.