LBI Upgrade 9.0.2.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    We are currently upgrading our LBI from version 9.0.1.8 to 9.0.2.2 and we are currently receiving the below error message when we try to validate our Framework Services. Has anyone seen this before or experienced any other issues with 9.0.2.2? *****Error 500: (security:3016) A Repository Error happened during initialization of the User Repository. This could be because of incorrect initialization parameters in the sysconfig.xml, or insufficient permissions in the underlying database.
    Greg Moeller
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      My first suspicion would be the underlying database permissions are not what they should be.
      jkunkle
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Would LawsonFS, LawsonRS, & LawsonSN be considered underlying database?
        Greg Moeller
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          If you are upgrading, it would depend upon the "new" database names, and not the older 9.0.1.8 version names.
          jkunkle
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            Understood, I just wanted to make sure. I believe it has to do with the userid's setup within the new LawsonFS, LawsonRS, & LawsonSN. I also wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.
            Greg Moeller
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We haven't yet upgraded, but it is on our plate of things to do very soon! So I've been reading the docs. We are actually going to try to do it without the help of LPS this time. It can't be THAT difficult can it?
              Chris Martin
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Greg, Haven't done this upgrade myself, but I've been planning to in order to see what kind of issues there are. If you don't mind, please let me know how it goes... Thanks, Chris
                Greg Moeller
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Will do everyone.
                  jkunkle
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    That is what we are attempting to do, but we are also upgrading SQL 2000 to 2005 and Websphere 6.0 to 6.1 and we ran into this issue. We contacted Lawson Support and they are unwilling to help us because we did not have a Lawson installer with us, but it never stated that in the documentation.
                    Greg Moeller
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Yeah, I think that part about Lawson stinks. If you don't have one of their people install it, the first thing that they do when you call GSC to support it, is tell you "Since you didn't have LPS install the product, we cannot support it."
                      We have come to expect that from Lawson, however, and on App/Environment upgrades, etc, we will shell out the $$BUCKS$$ to have them do it so that we can call GSC with questions.
                      Will
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Hi guys,

I am running on the same issue right now. I suspect DB permissions, did anybody fix this?
                        Matthew Nye
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          There is a FK constraint error. Look at you sql_log.txt in your LBI_9_0_2_2_Upgrade (or something of that nature) in the Framework Services directory. Youll need to resolve that error. Also, look in you stdout.log file for the first stack trace, it should reference a missing stored procedure. go back to the FS folder and in the Install/RDBMS/MSSQL open the MSSQL.sql file and search for the code block that creates that SP. Execute that on the LawsonFS database and see if that resolves it.

When I did this FS seemed to work fine but I was experiencing authentication errors with RS, so Id be curious to see if you get the same thing.

Also Gui, if you are upgrading from 9.0.0.x you will need to execute an additional script file. Check with Lawson Support, they are aware of this.

hth
                          matt
                          If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
                          Will
                          Veteran Member
                          Veteran Member
                            Hi Matthew,

THis is actually a fresh installation. The installation log files did not mention anything wrong with any SP.

However, when starting the install validator, LBI returns a HTTP500 error. When I look at the WAS log files, I found the error messages given before plus something like: '[IBM][SqlServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]The Server failed to resume the transaction. Desc:3b00000001.'

Matthew Nye
                            Veteran Member
                            Veteran Member
                              are you certain this is the only error? This would suggest a fundamental flaw in the server side code of LBI. While Im not saying LBI is without it, I would expect there is a previous error that led to this. When trouble shooting LBI errors, I find that only the initial error or stack trace can be considered. Dont forget to check the localhost log file for errors as well.
                              If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
                              Will
                              Veteran Member
                              Veteran Member
                                According to Lawson, it comes from WAS6.1 FP15, they suggest to use FP13 instead. I will try that.
                                Will
                                Veteran Member
                                Veteran Member

Bear in mind my issue was certainly different from the one reported in the first place.

Will
                                  Veteran Member
                                  Veteran Member
                                    That was it, FP15 was the problem. I reinstalled FP13 and everything is working now.
                                    You are not authorized to post a reply.