LBI Upgrade to 9.0.2.2 - issues

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    In prepping for our LBI upgrade from 9.0.1.10 to 9.0.2.2, I've identified these issues that we need to address. Without resolving these questions, I can't give The Boss an accurate install estimate.

Any help people can give me would be appreciated. I'm hoping that this list of loose ends will help others who are going through this same agony.

Issue # Issue Description
    ------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1 "Apply CTP #48291" That's for Apps 9.0.0.2. Any impact on apps? I counted 650 programs that need to be recompiled ... wow!

2 "Verify Crystal version, including which updates to apply" We are currently on Crystal RAS XI SP2. I tried SP3 last Spring but it caused problems & I had to back it out. For LBI 9.0.2.2, should I go ahead and install SP3 (or is there a newer one)?

3 "Verify database driver - Client" For our Oracle installation, I I poked around in my PC but didn't think I found what I was supposed to find. It's supposed to be the "Oracle OCI JDBC driver" but nothing seemed to match.

4 "Verify database driver - Server" This is the Oracle OCI JDBC driver but how do I verify which one it is?

5 "WebSphere 6.1 install - How long?" This looks particularly nasty. We have to upgrade from WebSphere 6.0.2.1 to 6.1 'with fix pack 3 (or higher)' We're going to get some training, but I would like to know what issues we may encounter. Anybody have any experience?

6 "9.0.2 report storage vs. 9.0.1 storage" I know how LBI 9.0.1 stores reports in the Repository, but how does 9.0.2 do it? Does it still store published reports in the Repository, or what?

7 "Accessing 9.0.1 report historical instances via Options / Sub-Options" All of our current reports need to be accessable after upgrading! Again, does anybody have any experience with this?

8 "Accessing 9.0.2 reports via Option / Sub Options" We know how to access reports in 9.0.1.10 using URL's. Is this going to be the same, or will it work differently?

9 "Upgrade Java?" We're at the absolute minimum, Java version 1.4.2_12. Should we come up a little?

10 "Page 46: Configuring the Oracle JDBC Driver for WebSphere - #2 For WAS 6.1 - Select a Scope - _Which_ scope?"
    Chris Martin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      A couple of quick thoughts...

1) You only need to worry about this if you plan on bursting Lawson Back Office reports

2) Upgrade RAS to the latest service pack (SP4, I believe)

5) WebSphere 6.1 shouldn't take too long (a couple of days at most, including patches, but there is definitely a learning curve). I can't speak for a 6.0.2 --> 6.1 upgrade though. One issue I ran into on 6.1 install: the WAS service is created without the -logRoot option, and has to be modified to run correctly. The update service utility doesn't seem to work properly, so I recreate the service.

6) - 8) Is this coming from the docs somewhere?

9) I'm not aware of any issues with 1.4.2_12, but I tend to go with 1.5
      John Henley
        Here's my 2 cents:

1) The code change in this CTP is minimal (only a change to the workflow library), so although re-compiles majority of programs, only minimal testing is required.

2) I have installed RAS XI2 SP4 without any known issues

6) Report metadata is stored in the ERS_ tables in the database. Instances themselves are stored in the file system.

7) - 8) Historical instances should be upgraded, and historical instances are available via URL paramaters, REPORTID & INSTANCEID.

9) Java v 1.4.2.12 seems to work just fine.
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        Milo Tsukroff
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Chris, John:

Thank you very much for your comments. I am incorporating them into a master document so that I can focus on one issue at a time.

I'll focus my research on the items that you didn't answer & post what I can find. Eventually, when I actually go through the upgrade, I'll post more information on what actually happened. Hopefully this can turn into a useful FAQ for people upgrading LBI.
          Greg Moeller
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I'm all for that!! Thanks for all of the hard work all!
            You are not authorized to post a reply.