LBI with Crystal Reports 2008

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I understand that Lawson is currently not supporting Crystal 2008 wiht LBI.  Is anyone running that combination currently?  IF so have there been any issues?

Or does anyone one know where to find the differences between Crystal XI & Crystal 2008?

We are currently on Crystal 8.5 and will be starting to install LBI in Q2, so I would like ot have my Crystal updated and ready prior to that.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Tracy 

Matthew Nye
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Ive not worked with CR 2008 yet but it is certified LBI 9.0.3.1 not be confused with LBI 9.0.3.0.1.x.

Here is a PDF that breaks down feature differences between all versions.

download.sap.com/solutions/sapbusin...wnload.epd

If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
      TracyO
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I will check which version we are getting. I appreciate your input.
        Thank you
        Ruma Malhotra
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member

Are you saying that LBI 9.0.3.1 will support crystal 2008 ?

Is there a disclaimer on Lawson's support site. i have not come across it yet? This is the reason why I am asking?

Matthew Nye
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Take a look at the install guide for LBI. It notes on the 9.0.3.1 guide on page 11

Component Supported Version(s)
            Crystal Reports Server XI versions XI R2 and XI R3 (also referred to as version 2008 or 12), Crystal Enterprise embedded edition.
            If any of my answers were helpful an endorsement on LinkedIn would be much appriciated! www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-nye/1a/886/760/
            Char
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              I uploaded a 2008 report to LBI but did find all of the 2008 "features" to be working although the report did run. Parameter filtering didn't work within LBI even when Crystal was allowed to control the parameter display. Interactive sorting didn't work either. While you can technically run the 2008 reports, the RAS server doesn't support the new functionaility.
              John Henley
                Did you upgrade RAS as well?
                Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                John
                Matthew Nye
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Char,
                  When you say "Crystal was allowed to control the parameter display" you mean that you deleted the parameters from the LBI settings?
                  Cincy
                    I'm also having some issues with Crystal 2008 and LBI. My version of Crystal 12.3 is not working at all but version 12.2.0.290 and below seems to work fine. Unfortunately it doesn't look like a report created with 12.3 will revert to a previous version to allow LBI to run it.

If anyone has any ideas.........
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.