Error retrieving form data: error code 200

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

We are using portal 3.1.4.  Until this weekend, I believe no one has put in batch report parameters.  We tested some changes, and it worked until we went to production.  The LID versions work.  The test environment works.  In production, inquiry, next, previous, and delete work; however, add, change, and validate do not for every batch program tried.  The response is immediate.  The message is "Request timed out.  No additional details to provide" followed by "Error retrieving form data:  error code 200."  There are no errors recorded in latm.log, ladb.log, IOS.log, WebSphere logs, and IIS logs.  I have compared the servlet and static content on the webserver.  I have done univver in various directoris to compare versions.  I have looked at the logan.env, PoolMgr.properties, eli.properties, and lajs.cfg.  I have changed my test environment for a few things, and nothing makes test fail.  I was hoping someone had some suggestions.

Greg Moeller
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Angela:

See Lawson's KB #664188

>>> On 6/18/2009 at 4:52 PM, in message <smg.1804289383.1245362085.0000078049@mail1.genesishealth.com>, <
      Angela Collins
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        I verified everything mentioned in KB 664188, 75046, and 126962.
        Joe O'Toole
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          We had this happen a few years ago back when we first started applying Windows security updates and the XML patch resolved the issue. It broke several times after Microsoft released theit first workaround since some users had different versions of XML (3, 4, SP2 etc.) on their systems but I have not seen this issue in a very long time. Double check that your workstations are 100 percent up to date on Windows and IE patches and that the latest version of the XML patch referenced in the KB is also applied.
          Joe O'Toole
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            In re-reading your initial question I noticed that you said the errors do not occur in test env. so this would point to a server side issue which was not our situation. Is your test env running on the same box and the same version of portal? Good luck.
            Angela Collins
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              The versions are the same. The servers are different. If I use debug and use roughly the same parameters, it looks like the call is the same:

("/servlet/ags",

)

("/servlet/ags",

)

We are a remote setup. We use WebSphere running on Windows. I used Beyond Compare to verify the static content and the ear are equivalent. The differences were the logan.env, eli.properties, and loganenv.js files. The differences were the IP address, product line names, paths as env in the name, and ports.

On the app server (Unix), I compared versions (univver) on $GENDIR, $GENDIR/lib/shared, $CGIDIR, and IOS.jar. I compared the $CGIDIR/logan.env and $CGIDIR/rmi/PoolMgr.properties. The differences are IP addresses, production line, and path as the env is in the path. $COBDIR/lib and $GENDIR/lib/shared are in my $CGIDIR/logan.env and are correct. I verified that $GENDIR/java/ext and $GENDIR/java/jar have the same versions.

I don't know what to look at next. I would really love to switch the test Windows server to point to production to attempt to determine whether it is the app or webserver which is the issue. I have tried debug in portal and have the agsServlet log (essentially the debug). I don't know what else I can turn on to debug.
              Joe O'Toole
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Did you call support - what did the GSC say?
                Angela Collins
                Basic Member
                Basic Member

The environment/portal was decommission on 7/31/2008, so we purchased the extended support which ran through 5/31/2009 and couldn't be extended. 

I think it is one of those situations where no one previously liked putting in batch jobs in portal, and we have someone who likes to only use portal. 

Jimmy Chiu
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Patch your XML parser to SP2 from microsoft on the workstation.

http://www.microsoft.com/...f2b42&displaylang=en

That should fix the problem. I have new workstation with error 200 all the time and the patch fixes it. (Note to self: talk to the workstation roll out team to include the XML patch in the image)
                    Angela Collins
                    Basic Member
                    Basic Member

Patching the parser isn't the issue as it is working in the test environments which are the same version.

John Henley
                        Have you tried hooking up fiddler or wireshark to look at the traffic to see if it's looking for a different base URL ?
                        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                        John
                        You are not authorized to post a reply.