AP160 ACH Remot File

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Our company currently uses a custom VB application to send emails to vendors notfifying them of their payments. We are looking to eliminate this VB application and place the process on our AIX server.  Does anyone know if Lawson provides any software to send email acknowledgements to vendors or do we need to code a custom application using PFI or Java?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Vito.

John Henley
      I don't think Lawson provides any solution. PFI will certainly do it; you can configure the PFI ScanFileClient to watch for new AP160 ACH files, and have it spit out the emails.

The other option I have seen used a lot is when clients are using a 3rd party printing solution, like FormScape, is that the printing software reads the ACH file and creates PDFs to email, etc.

Lastly, depending on how complicated you want your emails to be, you could do this with a script.

One thing to find out is about privacy and security requirements -- e.g., do the emails need to be encrypted (i.e. since I'm assuming you are going to include their account information in the email, right?)
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      You are not authorized to post a reply.