AP160 and AP161 Check file

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hi!.. I would like to ask if there's a way to modify the output check file, so that i could add/delete data that is being pulled. Thanks is advance..
    John Henley
      Do you mean changing AP160/AP161 code to produce a different output file, or changing the file once it has been created (i.e. post-processing).
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      jjcyeshua
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I'm not really sure what i need to change... I guess i need to change the code to modify the output file.
        etu
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          It will be better if you modify the Program / Code so you don't modify data. Modifying data is BAD.
          You can also use a third party software to READ the standard output, and format / add / delete data you need.
          k-rock
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            would it be possible for you to post 2 or 3 lines of standard output and then those lines modified? Then we can offer more precise opinions.
            John Henley
              Jonathan, it really depends on what it is you're trying to accomplish. If you just trying to add headers/footers, etc. for submission to the bank, etc. I would do it as a post-processing script which runs after AP160/AP161. That way you don't have to maintain a customized copy of the program. However, if you're trying to implement a new format (CLIEOP, for instance) that would probably require one of two options:

1) take the output of AP160/AP161 and run it through some data transformation tool, like Mercator/DataStage, etc. assuming you have such a tool and/or expertise to support it, or

2) clone AP160 and modify the cloned version to generate the desired output. This would require periodic retrofits of new CTP/MSP patches to AP160 into your customized version.
              Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
              John
              You are not authorized to post a reply.