AP510 Vendor Conversion

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

I should know this but:  Can you update existing vendor records in the APVENMAST table (i.e. name changes) by using the AP510 (or I would insert records into the APCVENMAST table).  I know you can add vendor records with this, but am confused about the Update part.

Thanks for any answers.

(If employee in EMPLOYEE has a name change, then we want to update their matching Vendor record by using the AP510. I would automate this by using process flow)

Wanda

Brad Schauer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      AP510 cannot be used to update existing vendor records. When you run AP510 it interfaces APCVENMAST records into the APVENMAST table. Once the records are interfaced to APVENMAST they need to be maintained on AP10.

You could use addins to make name changes.

The update flag allows you to run the AP510 in report mode before interfacing the records into the APVENMAST table. You could then use the AP51 screen to make any changes that might be necessary before running AP510 in update.
      Wanda Schaaf
      Basic Member
      Basic Member

So, what are the options available for us to update particular fields in the APVENMAST table? OR insert new vendors as needed.  This is an automation that our accounting department is inquiring about.      If an employee is created in Employee Table, then I want to take fields from that new Employee Record (SSN, Name, etc) and create a new Vendor record in APVENMAST.  (This would only be done for new employees). Any good ideas on how someone would do this?  I thought I could populate the APCVENMAST table and SUBMIT the job AP510 job using a WebRun in Process flow.  I thought I could do this for  changes also (to existing vendors that are in our EMPLOYEE table).   Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Wanda

Brad Schauer
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Do you have MicroSoft Addins? You could use this tool to upload vendor changes from a spreadsheet.

You can use APCVENMAST / AP510 to add new vendors, but once the vendors exist in Lawson you'd need to use AP10 to make changes. Addins can be used to automate AP10 changes.

Brad
          Wanda Schaaf
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            Thank you for the answers! It helps alot.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.