WH130 Pick List: Increasing Font Size

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We're seeing picking errors by the staff in our warehouse due to the font size on the condensed print out.  Non-condensed has a good font size but the words wrap around the page and that makes it difficult to read. These are the only choices I have when I want to set a report to auto-print.  Are there any alternatives other than the staff manually printing the reports in PDF?  Is there a way to use Crystal to generate the report?
    Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
    David Williams
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      There is a little known tool called Infor Lawson Smart Reports that you might want to check into. It creates a report template that you can modify (fonts, etc.) and the report will follow that template from that point on. It became available (I think) in LSF 9.0.1.11 but was greatly improved in 9.0.1.12
      David Williams
      JonA
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Sounds intriguing.  I'll ask if we already have this but are not utilizing.  Anyone reading this thread using LSR?
        Greg Moeller
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Although we aren't using LSR (yet) I can see some benefits of it. Plus, It's a free download from Infor. I do not believe there is any additional licensing needed.
          JonA
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I found this information on LSR on the Infor website. I'm definitely going to get with our application support to see if we can implement this.

http://blogs.infor.com/s3...stem-foundation.html
            JonA
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              David or Greg- Do you know if Smart Office installation is required for LSR?
              David Williams
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                No, Infor's documentation isn't very good in that regard. Once you enable LSR in your WH130.cfg, the system creates the template directories, etc. and you can modify the report template and overwrite the system generated one.
                David Williams
                JimY
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Hi David,
                  Do we have to create WH130.cfg? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I would like to test this out. We are on 10.0.2 apps and 10.0.4 environment. Thank you.
                  David Williams
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Yes, you have to create your cfg file (if one doesn't already exist for LBI). You need to create it in the whsrc directory.
                    David Williams
                    David Williams
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Contents of the cfg file

RUNTIME_XML_ENABLE ON
                      RUNTIME_XML ON
                      LSR_ENABLE ON
                      David Williams
                      David Williams
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Once the ‘config’ file is in place you will need to run the report job and the system will create the correct lsr/templates directory and generate the standard template (rptdesign).

These directories are data area specific, but after you have revised the template to your satisfaction, you can overwrite the system generated version between data areas.

LAWDIR/dataarea/lsr/templates
                        David Williams
                        JimY
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          Thank you David. I went ahead and download the documentation and I am reading through it to find out how to set it up. The lsr directory has not been created.
                          xxxxxttysfh
                          Veteran Member
                          Veteran Member

can you give me some more insight on this , i am new and i do not  know ow to create this cfg file 

You are not authorized to post a reply.